The cheek of some people.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Well I must be going deaf as well as blind then because not only did I not see anybody, I didn't hear anybody either!

I'll have to get my ears checked out too but if the staff are as rude at the ear place I don't think my current fragile state of mind could take any more abuse, lol.
Well the Benefits to being deaf is you can blatantly get those tanks your wife won’t approve of and declare that you were totally unaware of her disapproval ?

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Are you telling me porkies nik, my wife says I look like a complete twonk! But mind you, she said I looked like a complete twonk before the glasses too, lol.

Nothing like a supportive partner, lol.
Is porkies a reference I’m just not getting lol? Is porkies another word for lying?

and I actually do like your mew glasses.

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well the Benefits to being deaf is you can blatantly get those tanks your wife won’t approve of and declare that you were totally unaware of her disapproval ?
Now that is a line of thinking I can get on board with, lol.

Is porkies a reference I’m just not getting lol? Is porkies another word for lying?
Porkies is a reference to pork pies, which is cockney rhyming slang for lies. A cockney is someone from London and they have a whole language down there based on rhyming slang. The UK is such a small place that these local nuances in language often spread and are used in other places too. We're a funny lot over here. jjohnwm jjohnwm has us sussed out, lol.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Well I'll let you lot be the judge of that. What do you reckon, lol..........

View attachment 1463756
Well that’s another mental image I had of someone that looks nothing like the reality, I always pictured you looking similar to Begbie from the movie trainspotting for some reason.
Anyway to keep up the “cheek” them of the thread, the glasses look good, you don’t look a day over 75?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well that’s another mental image I had of someone that looks nothing like the reality, I always pictured you looking similar to Begbie from the movie trainspotting for some reason.
Anyway to keep up the “cheek” them of the thread, the glasses look good, you don’t look a day over 75?
I'm not sure how to process that assumption, lol. You think of me and get a mental image in your head of a Scottish psychopath! I suppose my new glasses do make me look sort of menacing, lol.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Now that is a line of thinking I can get on board with, lol.

Porkies is a reference to pork pies, which is cockney rhyming slang for lies. A cockney is someone from London and they have a whole language down there based on rhyming slang. The UK is such a small place that these local nuances in language often spread and are used in other places too. We're a funny lot over here. jjohnwm jjohnwm has us sussed out, lol.
Being from Newfoundland another land of slang language I seem to have put it together no problem haha

may first I thought it was a reference to the movie porkies ??

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I'm not sure how to process that assumption, lol. You think of me and get a mental image in your head of a Scottish psychopath! I suppose my new glasses do make me look sort of menacing, lol.
I had the image long before i saw your glasses pic, I just imagined you had the Begbie moustache and hair , no idea why. It was nothing to do with your demeanor or any sudden acts of violence just how my brain created a picture of you. Obviously I was way off the mark.....

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I had the image long before i saw your glasses pic, I just imagined you had the Begbie moustache and hair , no idea why. It was nothing to do with your demeanor or any sudden acts of violence just how my brain created a picture of you. Obviously I was way off the mark.....
I think it's human nature when in regular contact with someone you don't actually see, to build some sort of image in your mind as to what they might look like.

A job I was in years ago had me ringing customers and suppliers regularly. This was before the days of mobile phones so I could never ring who I wanted direct. My first contact was always lowly office staff, who would put me through to the person I wanted.

Over the years I would get to know the office staff quite well, usually women, and would always have a chat before they put me through to whoever I wanted to speak to.

On very rare occasions I would visit some of these companies and would finally get introduced to the person at the other end of the phone who I'd been chatting to for years.

And, as in your case with me, I was so way off the mark with my mental visualisation, I wasn't even remotely close, ever, lol.

On this forum I don't try and put an image to anyone really now, though I must admit back in the day when RD was active being bristly with everyone, for some reason I just expected him to look just like his avatar, Billy Jack, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store