10,000 fallon tank for sale

Tai95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
Buffalo
CHOMPERS;583496; said:
go back to page one and read post eight.
Instead of just assuming the tank isn't the size that was posted in the auction and saying it's a scam, I e-mailed the seller. He sent me these pics and is going to take some more with something to give it some scale. If you look at picture 5 you can see the tank is sitting at least a foot below the floor in the auction picture. You can also see in the photo that the studs you used as a 16" reference are not true studs. They are set sideways, so there is no way of knowing if they are set at 16". This isn't my auction, but instead of jumping to conclusions maybe people should ask questions.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
CHOMPERS;581886;581886 said:
My calculator says 1980 gallons. The studs are on 16 inch centers. The length of the tank is ten studs which is 13 feet long. Subtract one foot on each side and that gives a length of eleven feet. The height to the header is eight feet so that makes the tank six feet tall. The tank depth from front to back is not square, so it is less than six feet. Four feet looks reasonable. That gives the rough demensions of 11x6x4 which is 264 cubic feet. Multiplying by 7.5 gallons per cubic foot gives 1980 gallons. A far cry from the ten thousand gallons claimed. A two thousand gallon DIY is not worth eleven thousand dollars. Nor is a ten thousand gallon used DIY. For eleven thousand dollars you can build your own and still have plenty left over for a couple of really nice Vegas hookers.
Hate to break it to ya chompers but those are 24" oc, not 16. Refer to the second picture, below the actual studs are infact 16". I'd say that tank is pretty close to the dimensions given. Also, it isn't your standard DIY, it has a steel welded frame.

marcus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
las vegas, nv
THERE ISA LINK TO THE PICS I JUST TOOK OF THE LAND AND THE TANK!!!!!

Its funny how alot of you dont belive my tank. I WISH IT WERE NOT TRUE AS WELL as I spent my new car money on this tank. I was planning to build my house around this tank as I dug a basement for a pump room and poured a 12-15 inch reinforced slab as well as spending alot of money on delivery and craning it to the site.

THis is a absolute steal of a tank deal as I was going to buy the lexion and build one my self before wade at ATM told me about this deal.

I didnt want to move out of vegas and could convince my wife to let me set it up at my new house you would not see this tank for sale, but that does not look like it will happen.

not to mention the cost for setting it up and the daily cost to run the tank.

JUST MAKE ME A SERIOUS OFFER LOW BALL IF YOU MUST AS I NEED TO HAVE IT SOLD IN about 5 Days

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marcus34567/album?.dir=/6da2scd&.src=ph&.tok=pht941FBU5degVaG

marcus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
las vegas, nv
Now whats sounds more inpressive

hey I have almost a 10,000 gallon fish tank or I HAVE A 10,000 gallon fish tank?

with the filter system and water storage tanks for this monster the gallons are well over the 10,000 gallonsas I dug a basement for storage tanks that was 24 feet by 10 wide and 10ft deep, not realizing how much more the pumps would have to work and the energy draw from that great a depth.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Holy #@*&!, Arapaimas would look like guppies in that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store