100-120 Gallon Paludarium Species List

callmemateo

Feeder Fish
Oct 27, 2018
Hello, I am new here and while I have kept fish (African cichlids) in aquariums in the past I was hoping to start a new project, a paludarium. I have done some research on them and I am hoping to keep one that is relatively self sustaining, for example I was hoping to keep the prey for the animals in the tank and have them breed so there is no need for additional food to be added. Here is the list of terrestrial animals I was hoping to keep: isopods, springtails, and 1 or 2 poison dart frogs. I know that certain poison dart frogs can have issues living together so I am unsure whether 2 in the above-ground portion is too many. The springtails and isopods were what I was hoping to be the primary food source for the frog, would the frog need another food source to get proper nutrients? If so, could I possibly keep those above ground as well or would I need to purchase them at certain intervals to feed them? Now onto the part you guys probably know best, the fish. I was thinking about keeping 4 different types of fish in the aquatic section. Red cherry shrimp, crystal red shrimp, kuhli loach, and guppies. If the tank is 60% or so below water level and 40% or so above, then would it be possible to combine these all into 1 paludarium? Thank you for the read!! EDIT: I realize I forgot to mention that I would probably make the floor be sand to help with the loaches' feeding, would that affect the rest of the species in the water? Could I make it shift from a sand floor in the aquatic section to a dirt section in the terrarium section?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Your going to need to add more insects for the frogs, you can breed silverfish in tubs.

It would also be fairly easy to add some landsnails

Reactions: callmemateo
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store