10x4x3 900 gallon plywood build w/ pics

jazz_fan1

Feeder Fish
Mar 5, 2015
United States
You mentioned towards the beginning that you were going to take a lot of measurements for bowing and stretching once you added the water. I was wondering if you happened to gather that information? Awesome work! Very Awesome!

dscort

Candiru
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
NW Ohio
Occupation
autobody tech
There was not even a 1/16" of bowing during fill up. Not enough to concern me at the time or now.

Sent from my LG-LS860 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dscort

Candiru
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
NW Ohio
Occupation
autobody tech
I would definatly do fiberglass again. Yea i used 2 layers thoughout, overlapping every joint by about 6-8 inches ,then 2 or 3 coats of more resin on top. Other than the algae and fish poop, not much has changed.

Sent from my LG-LS860 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dscort

Candiru
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
NW Ohio
Occupation
autobody tech
I guess ill bump my tank up. Up and running for around 3 1/2 years, no major changes and no issues with construction. Updated the plastic filter sock holder with a 55 gallon plastic drum with sock holes in the top, but thats it.

marinerules

Black Skirt Tetra
Oct 15, 2013
paragould arkansas
cool two coats, I figured it would take more than that lol , is that even 1/8 inch thick just curious, I still havent done my test to see how it works, but I when i build my tank, I am t hinking of lining it with 1/8 inch pvc sheet and then either using polygem epoxy putty or sanitreds permaflex to seal all of the seams

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store