10x4x3 900 gallon plywood build w/ pics

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
This is excellent. I only made it thru half of the thread but did you have a list of all the materials you used? I’m looking into doing a build in my basement because I can’t get a big enough tank down the steps

dscort

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
NW Ohio
This is excellent. I only made it thru half of the thread but did you have a list of all the materials you used? I’m looking into doing a build in my basement because I can’t get a big enough tank down the steps
No i sure dont. I estimated the cost around 3500 for everything back in the day. I dont think i skimped on anything though, but the front glass was a used piece. Better to be overbuilt then have it fail, at least with this application

NCHornet

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
NC
Awesome build. I have always loved to check out the massive tank at Bass Pro and have always thought how cool it would be to have a tank like that in my home and you have done exactly that and your married???????? Have no idea how you pulled that off but does your wife have any good lookin sisters, lol!!!!
Congrats
NCH

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Awesome build truly inspiring and thank you for documenting and still updating so people can learn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store