11,000 Gallon Pond stocking

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
What is total pond? I am wondering about the material? You'd be well advised to use 45 mil EPDM rubber.

Keeping it outdoors is not going to be without its challenges. It'll get too warm for many temperate water fish, like the mentioned sturgeon, and will get too cold for most tropicals, like RTC, arowana, etc. It will need heavy shade to fight off algae.

On the other hand, rubber liner has been shown to get damaged, ripped, or punctured sooner or later by many toothy fish, like pacu and giant gouramy, who chew on it, and spiny fish like large catfish.

Large sturgeon will wear it down too.

I'd recommend starting out with some adaptable cichlids, just as your oscars are, perhaps pbass but these will need heating during the cold spells.

Or look at mahseer and related fish such as Spinibarbus denticulatus or other hardy cyprinids.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Ozip

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2017
Total pond is the brand of the pond linear. I am pretty sure that what I have now the EPDM rubber I know for sure not sure about exact size. I don't I am interested in sturgeon any more. Although thanks for the info. I would rather just focus on fish I can keep in straight up Florida weather no heat or cooling. However I think some shade would be easy to add if needed for some fish. I was wondering you know talking about all these fish with big teeth if they would rip the liner.

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
Total pond is the brand of the pond linear. I am pretty sure that what I have now the EPDM rubber I know for sure not sure about exact size. I don't I am interested in sturgeon any more. Although thanks for the info. I would rather just focus on fish I can keep in straight up Florida weather no heat or cooling. However I think some shade would be easy to add if needed for some fish. I was wondering you know talking about all these fish with big teeth if they would rip the liner.
My far from expert opinion? Keep fish native to your area.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
11,000 Gallons?
If I had a tank that big, I would make it my job to take in fish that people have irresponsibly put in too small tanks. You see pretty often someone who needs to get rid of an arowana, Oscar, red tail, etc. I would just start taking them in and fill the tank up over the years personally. Should be able to get a ton of fish in there.
I agree

Ozip

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2017
My far from expert opinion? Keep fish native to your area.
I know now peacock bass are all over florida. I would imagine most gar. I have caught clown knifes before. However I am unsure about pacu and big catfish. But that would cover most of the fish people keep and put in too small of tanks. I am about 90% sure that I want to do that.

Reactions: Kris P Bacon

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I know now peacock bass are all over Florida .
South Florida,north Florida gets to cold.

How about: hifin shark,gars,bluegill,longear sunfish,yellow perch,native catfishes,crappie,walleye,a crucian carp and a redfish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store