11 Indians

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
The loaches started playing dead on me. The pictures show them laying flat.. My loach was laying in a twisted and at odd angle. He is also 1 of the thinner ones. So I started to scoop him up and he went away...

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
Question when you feed the shrimps do you chop it up or feed in about 4 mm cubes. I used to chop it up but the loaches are messy. The shrimp i put in the feeding station are getting out and the severums are getting overweight . I have started feeding in larger 4 mm cubes. Will have a separate loach tank just for them.

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
I'd skip the shrimp, really not needed. A high quality pellet as main, bloodworms or cut up earthworms for treats, occasionally some zucchini/cucumber. With zucchini/cucumber you'll want to cut the seeds out and you'll only want to do it as often as you can stand cleaning up the mess. Clowns will eat leafy greens like kale and spinach but the mess from it is extraordinary, although your severums would be grateful.

Reactions: smjack

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
Guys another question. How long in minutes do you feed your clown loaches. I got 1 clown that is probably going to die. Tried to
get it to move and it didn't but still breathing . He is in a weakened state. Later I tried to feed the pack. The shrimp was ravaged. I think the pack was starved.

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
20170319_165221.jpg I am feeding the loaches for 15 minutes and they are still not finished. I am used to feeding severum and they are finished in 2 minutes. If I feed more, it would be overfeeding. But I feed veggies and they graze on it. On clown loach probably graze on pellets? But how long before you remove the pellets or shrimps? Thanks guys. I made a mistake and this is a learning curve. I hope I can learn from it.

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
20170415_200953.jpg rocks to the block entrance of severums. Still waiting for the stand and aquarium....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store