11 Indians

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
20170415_201104.jpg I have bigger tubes. But the loaches they try to squeeze into blue tubes. See the tail sticking out? Lol

Reactions: Jrp0405

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
There are too fast and Furious to get a picture. Plus the ugly glare. They are slowly getting better.

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ok so as you know, I have been having some trouble with my tank. I have been battling callamanus worms. I dosed the tank with 2ppm for 24 hours and did a waterchanges. After the 3 dose which is that last, I found the worms. Which Coryloach indicated that I have to do another deworming again. I talked to whether to use a 4 ppm, a 13 ppm. In the end,, I used a 3 ppm dose but at a 3 day. Will check the progress and do waterchanges at signs of distress. Thank you very much C Coryloach . Guy what has been happening in your tanks 20170501_125705.jpg

Reactions: Coryloach

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
1st image is my tank in a black out. 2nd image my 10 clowns. I had to park my phone cam on the side. The are zooming to fast. I have to wait until they stop. This is 1 of the lucky shots. What is happening in your loaches? 20170507_130307.jpg 20170507_132104-1.jpg

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
They look really good to me and they don't look thin anymore. Well done. Keep up the good work with them and keep us posted on the progress with the meds. Its good that the worms were expelled the last time so you should be on a road to recovery. They look like very nice loaches and have a good size to them too.

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
It turns out that my callamanus worms wasn't callamanus after all. So now I can plan on more important things like I would like the clowns to swim or play against a power filter. But a don't know the proper flow rate. Any ideas? Thanks

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
That's great. Thanks for posting the progress. It never even crossed my mind you may have midge larvae flourishing in your tank :)

Clown loaches, although advertised that they like flow, actually do not like extreme flow and I've never seen mine playing in the flow of an outlet, although I've seen fish coming from calm waters that get excited when they see flow. I initially kept mine in a tank that turned over 20X the water volume an hour, extreme I know...I noticed they were hiding a lot. I had a powerhead additional to the filtration, around 740G/H. I turned that off and voila....clown loaches out all the time....
I think its important having an oxygenated and over-filtered tank for them but a powerhead is not needed...

Generally, I recommend 10 times the water volume turn over for clown loaches....in filtration and not powerheads(going by the stated manufacturer's rate as actual flow is lower) They'd do really well in that and if the tank is properly stocked and water changed to min 50% once weekly, I'd be suprised if you ever have any issues with your clown loaches, disease and health wise.

Please post more pictures of the clowns. Do you have before and after? It would be great to see the progress from skinny to fat loaches :)

Reactions: smjack

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
Yes I agree. But you have a circular pond with the clowns can swim endlessly. I don't. I will use a power filter that is aimed on the surface water. The bottom and middle will remain calm. I am thinking 2000 lph but don't know...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store