1100G ~ Finally!

Matthew_Tanks

Exodon
MFK Member
May 21, 2015
USA
Believe it or not, I bought the plants at Michael's. I drilled holes in the driftwood to install the tall ones. To anchor the little ones, i drilled holes into slate and zip tied them. Then I placed them under the large river rocks.
Great job!

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Drain the tank as much as you can so they have no room to swim and gain speed to cause injury. Heavy garbage bag and scoop them up with the water. Your gonna need a hand though the bag is going to be heavy with water and the fish to pull up
I'm going to drain the tank that the large niger cat is in so I can hopefully grab him....I did get a nylon/silk koi sock net...going to try it.

i move my big cats with a big rubber net... ive had cats blow right through bags. used pillow cases before in a pinch...which dont work well. but a nice sized rubber net is what u need. not the mesh with rubber coating as the cats arms will get stuck. their often expensive but worth every penny.
Last night, I moved the smaller of the niger cats with a rubber net. He broke it! This one is about 2ft long and fat (aren't all spoiled catfish). So he crashed to the floor onto some towels and I wrapped him up and moved him. He was pissed/scared and made some serious noises and was whipping his tail all over the place. Lucky for me he didnt cut my hands. The whole ordeal was less than a minute. For the rest of the night, he pouted. He was swimming around this morning, looking happy. I will attempt to feed him tonight and post another FTS.

Reactions: mrrobxc and rodger
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store