125gallon Stock ideas

jabuc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
Tampa
I’ve done similar in a 125g and it worked out fine as long as you get them all the same size and at the same time. I’m of the school of overstock though :)

Reactions: Predator07

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL
I’ve done similar in a 125g and it worked out fine as long as you get them all the same size and at the same time. I’m of the school of overstock though :)
Gotcha. All the cichlids I mentioned (breidohri, argentea, bocourti and freddy (all about 3-4 inch) are currently in the 125gallon right now. I'm still debating on possibly add two more juvenile cichlids either cuban, trimac or jaguar and eventually move all or some to the 350gallon 8ft long . Any suggestions or opinions ?

Reactions: jabuc

jabuc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
Tampa
Gotcha. All the cichlids I mentioned (breidohri, argentea, bocourti and freddy (all about 3-4 inch) are currently in the 125gallon right now. I'm still debating on possibly add two more juvenile cichlids either cuban, trimac or jaguar and eventually move all or some to the 350gallon 8ft long . Any suggestions or opinions ?
I think you will be fine, but you never know with Cichlids:) even with a 350 g. I would keep your 125g around as a back up tank. You will need to take fish in and out if they get to beat up. I find stocking on the higher side spreads out the aggression. Cichlids are used to being in close proximity with each other.

jabuc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 29, 2012
Tampa
Okay. Out of the three cichlids- i mention is there anyone you don't recommend with that stock ?
I wouldn’t add the Trimac out of the three you listed, the ones I’ve kept have been terrors. Jags and Cubans can as well but I’ve found them to be more territory aggressive. Keep in mind it can vary fish to fish.

Reactions: tlindsey

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL
I wouldn’t add the Trimac out of the three you listed, the ones I’ve kept have been terrors. Jags and Cubans can as well but I’ve found them to be more territory aggressive. Keep in mind it can vary fish to fish.

Gotcha. Appreciate the input !. So what stock did you have with your Trimac and what actually happen?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store