12x8x8

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
They are algae grazers and need good flow afaik. I doubt pearling would be enough. Fat Homer Fat Homer
I also have a 100gph pump for flow. They should be fine.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
The ornatus died earlier today of an injury she received while she was being caught. I don't blame the staff though, as they went through 2 people and 30 minutes trying to catch the fish. I replaced it today with a rutilaureus.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
They are algae grazers and need good flow afaik. I doubt pearling would be enough. Fat Homer Fat Homer
Yeah they need very well established tanks since they feed on bio film, algae and other smaller food items in the tank...

They will sort of eat bloodworms etc, but i wouldnt rely on that being their only diet...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have seen spirulina tabs working as well

I'm getting some red cherries later this week or soonish. Guy bred out the reddest ones and I'm gonna continue with that, they are lovely :)

Last edited:
Reactions: convict360

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Yeah they need very well established tanks since they feed on bio film, algae and other smaller food items in the tank...

They will sort of eat bloodworms etc, but i wouldnt rely on that being their only diet...
My tank has been up for about 7 months now. I don't think that will be an issue.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
The ornatus died earlier today of an injury she received while she was being caught. I don't blame the staff though, as they went through 2 people and 30 minutes trying to catch the fish. I replaced it today with a rutilaureus.
I miss ID'd the new goby. After doing more research is appears to be a Sicyopus zosterophorum.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I'm looking into getting 2-3 Stiphodon annieae, as they would add color to my tank and make it unique because of their rarity, which is one of the themes I'm going for. Fat Homer Fat Homer Any info on these? I understand they can be somewhat difficult to come by.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Angelphish Angelphish i actually have some in my tank and they are same with most of the guys from this family...

Mirco feeders who seem to love grazing on algae and bio film, will eat bits of frozen blood worms, frozen sprinula brine shrimp etc...

Honestly i've found they are reasonably easy to keep, just give them a mature tank, lots of territory to claim as their own and a bunch of hiding spots...

Well oxygenated water with a bit of flow seems to help? Since mine seem to like hanging out on the background where the filter returns water into the tank...

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Angelphish Angelphish i actually have some in my tank and they are same with most of the guys from this family...

Mirco feeders who seem to love grazing on algae and bio film, will eat bits of frozen blood worms, frozen sprinula brine shrimp etc...

Honestly i've found they are reasonably easy to keep, just give them a mature tank, lots of territory to claim as their own and a bunch of hiding spots...

Well oxygenated water with a bit of flow seems to help? Since mine seem to like hanging out on the background where the filter returns water into the tank...
Any pics?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store