12x8x8

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Yeah systemised are the best, virtually all of my tanks aside from these nano's are systems with back sumps, I'll be doing a colony of crystals soon in a converted aquaone Betta trio, tonnes of media space
I like how the components of all in one tanks fit together. They flow well, and create a very clean look. I especially like the ones with internal sumps (like the flex series).

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I was looking for all in one aquariums to weigh my options, and I came across ifalos aquariums. I've seen these before (My lfs actually has two $2600 models), and I know the quality and care they put into their tanks, but I just recently found their website. They have absolutely stunning tank designs, with the tanks coming with a sump and a high tech ready light. I'd love an ifalos to be accidentally sent to me one day...

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
convict360 convict360 Fat Homer Fat Homer Most of the shrimp are hiding now. I may see 1-2 of each species at most. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Or just get a fluval flex 15. It'll save you a lot of time and frustration.
Simply out of budget. This tank is double the volume for similar to less price for the WHOLE setup

Remember I have a LOT less than you guys to spend
convict360 convict360 Fat Homer Fat Homer Most of the shrimp are hiding now. I may see 1-2 of each species at most. Is this normal? Should I be worried?
It's normal

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Unfortunately no fish is 100% safe with shrimp (otos included), as they can still eat very young shrimp effecting the rate at which your colony grows...

If i were to suggest getting fish, i would maybe look for more top dwelling fish since the shrimp and the babies will likely be on the bottom or hiding in foliage...

Something like halfbeaks maybe (dermogenys pusilla)???

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Also regarding the hiding (since just caught up with the thread) yes thats normal, if you feed them say 2-3x per week, you should see them congregate around the food more often once comfortable...

Also, even im kind of leaning towards liking King Kong and CBS a bit more than CRS... maybe i've kept them too long and in need of a change...

Reactions: convict360

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My shrimp come out to graze a lot.

I wonder how to aquascape around shy gourami, with the possibility of a tannin tank or at least peat in the filter

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Fat Homer Fat Homer convict360 convict360 If I ordered 5-6 Shadow Pandas, how likely would it be to get at least one male and one female? I'd rather not order 10 or more because they cost $15 each.

Are Taiwan Bees more difficult to keep/breed? If so what are their requirements?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
How hard they are to keep will depend a lot of how they were raised...

It seems now a days though most ornamental shrimp are quite hardy given that your tanks parameters are close to the parameters of the tank they came from...

I would pretty much say if you can handle raising CRS, others shouldnt be too much more difficult...

Only ornamental shrimp with vastly different requirements seem to be the Sulawesi shrimp that need warm temps and alkaline water...

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
How hard they are to keep will depend a lot of how they were raised...

It seems now a days though most ornamental shrimp are quite hardy given that your tanks parameters are close to the parameters of the tank they came from...

I would pretty much say if you can handle raising CRS, others shouldnt be too much more difficult...

Only ornamental shrimp with vastly different requirements seem to be the Sulawesi shrimp that need warm temps and alkaline water...
I just want to make sure I can keep them before I buy 6 at $15 each.

How likely am I to get a male and female if I ordered 6 shrimp?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store