135/75 gallon build

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
It's after dec. 5th John. Has it shipped yet?

yeah ....exactly. Im starting to lose patience here, but I do have a delivery confirmation for next week sometime. Not holding my breath lol

But, I did decide to take a first rip at the scape. Just some fake plants and a few canisters keeping things going for a theoretical start. The 135 has had water, decor and fish in it for about 2 weeks now. Sump just got filled and scaped today for a test run. You can see the difference in the brown algae taking hold up top, kinda evening out the transitions from 3d to the wood and rocks. Kind of give you a before and after idea, but the bottom tank has a bit more intensity with lighting.......

Plants will probably appreciate it.

DSC_7856.JPG

DSC_7841.JPG

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Drumroll please...

Ghost has arrived! Now, the only problem is the spacing of the bulkheads in the external box. If I push the box either way, front or back, one of the drains will not clear the stand....something I hadn't considered when I built it.

This is going to take some creativity ..... Long day ahead. Gotta pull the fish and scape because it's not going to be a quick install. Dammit lol

Oh yeah..... And Legos rule!🏠

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642113.943691.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642127.855549.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642139.722660.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642155.455538.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642169.539585.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642185.522718.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642199.824115.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642211.772844.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642238.273802.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1387642252.420856.jpg

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Plumbing pics to come in the next few days. Chased leaks like crazy because, I tried to skip the primer step. Advice? Don't. It just makes the process take twice as long. Pulled the lines sanded, primed, glued and everything worked.......except for the pinhole leak in the Ghost. Back side of the box up against wall, so it was a pita to get to, but a dab of pvc glue and all is good. Reef Savvy is getting a phone call day after christmas though.....

This thing is silent. The pump makes no noise at all. The only way I can see it working is by looking inside the check valve to see the swing open. It's pretty amazing. I can record vocals right next to the tank and not hear anything at all.

Stocklist is 6 ex-cichlasoma ornatum, 1 paratilapia bleekeri and 1 convict (one of our oldest fish). Sump stock is 6 pseudomugil furcatus, 6 black skirts an L147 and 1 Festae grow out from Dispatch. Pick of the litter and easier to keep up with who's who, so the festae is obviously temporary lol

DSC_9636.JPG

DSC_9649.JPG

DSC_9652.JPG

DSC_9735.JPG

DSC_9704.JPG

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Love it John! I know you don't want to, but can you get some lose ups of how you worked the filter sock into that PVC in the "sump". Also some pics of how the pump is setup please. As you know I tend to steal your ideas...lol

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Love it John! I know you don't want to, but can you get some lose ups of how you worked the filter sock into that PVC in the "sump". Also some pics of how the pump is setup please. As you know I tend to steal your ideas...lol
Absolutely. Box showed up late and I've been in Santa mode, lol bike building, assembly city.

I'm going into detail once Christmas is over and the PVC is kinda temporary..... Functional but it kinda goes with the "plumbing exposed theme"...... My original egg rate holder was crap. Just wasn't going to work.

Sump is my favorite sump so far though. Thanks for the kind words!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I like this setup a lot!
Thanks Jason! I look at this as either a glorified internal filter for a townhouse tank, or a fully stocked sump lol. Bio media is a bit thinner than Im used to, but I figure with plants, light stocking and water volume, things should go forward nicely. Pothos will go on top in the next few days and then I have some learning to do.........planted sump. What, how many and whats legal around these parts.

I did lose the marine land double bright on the sump. Just didn't match the top enough and it started not coming on occasionally. Picked up another Current Sat+ for the bottom so I can match top and bottom.

Now ........just gotta get a piece of driftwood I can cut in half to start in the sump, travel upwards to the 135 and out the top. pretty sure Josh at Fishy Business has a contender, but I think his might be too big......I'll measure and see in a few days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store