1600 Gallon Bioshock Octopus Aquarium!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting idea,hope he comes back with a positive update.

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
Ive been finishing my kitchen so its been a secondary project. But i'll be fiberglassing in a week or so. :) Im hoping to have it done by mid-august, well everything but the acrylic panels since i cant exactly afford them at the moment!

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Ive been finishing my kitchen so its been a secondary project. But i'll be fiberglassing in a week or so. :) Im hoping to have it done by mid-august, well everything but the acrylic panels since i cant exactly afford them at the moment!
Any updated pictures?

mvguntur

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2011
Jakarta
dude cant wait to see this thing out. so great!!
and please share your filtration system, so we can learn something here.

regards.

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
Yeha my basement is mostly of a steampunk design (exposed boiler, etc). Ive always loved the bioshock world and thought it would be fitting to incorporate it mostly since its victorian era and so is my house. The illusion is supposed to be a fill/empty room before you enter the underwater city. Ill have more pics in a week or two. It was pushed down my to do list for a while but not for much longer! Cant wait to take a dive in it!!

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
So after finishing my first floor and kitchen ( a project that took a lot longer than i thought!) I'm back to working on the aquarium. Everything is ready for fiberglassing! hopefully its not as much of a pain as i think! After the fiberglassing then ill move onto the epoxy marine paint. Then i just need to decorate and buy the 2" acrylic fun fun!

center before fiber.jpg

front before fiber.JPG

theater before fiber.jpg

steps before fiber.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store