1600 Gallon Bioshock Octopus Aquarium!

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
So finally got the MAX ACR epoxy in the other day and should be finished with the application this week. I bought 3 gallons (2 black and 1 white kit). My goal is to cover completely in white then cover in black to make sure i achieve full coverage. Im covering the inside and outside in the epoxy for added strength. Once this step is done then i can start the plumbing ( the sump is to the right behind the small bookshelf under the steps) and decorating in preparation for the acrylic panels :)

exterior cover.jpg

exterior cover2.jpg

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
So finished with the max acr epoxy this weekend (the front top and bottom that are still exposed have to stay that way until I get all 3 acrylic panels inside). I will say that the max acr is odorless and has great coverage. If I was going to do it again I probably wouldn't bother doing two colors since the black pigment worked so well. It's hard to see the contours of the tank right now so my apologies but when I get the green marine paint it should be much more noticeable.

mayupdate1.JPG

mayupdate2.JPG

mayupdate3.JPG

mayupdate4.JPG

mayupdate5.JPG

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
Just so people don't think i've given up haha figured i'd give a quick update! The biggest thing right now is saving up for the 2" acrylic but i did get the foam in this week :) The foam hides the plumbing and adds depth to the picture that will be behind it on the back wall. It will look like a bulkhead door and be approx 5 inches off of the wall for added depth. While that is going on I'm allowing my friend to have some fun with the surrounding art :) Im also still deciding which photo to use for the back wall. I'm torn between these three..

foam.jpg

IMG_4006.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Looking good! I wanna see this happen!

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
Yeah the first one seems to be winning haha Its from Bioshock 2 so the graphics were much better. Id prefer the city but i cant find a photo that is high quality enough. The buildings look too fake to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store