18' x 9' x 3.5' catfish tank build in progress.....

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
TheFishGuy;3004471; said:
Less talk more work. Geeze, I fee like I'm on the job constantly having to crack the whip.............
You guys are life partners now? Ewww...
:ROFL::ROFL:

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
hey Necro are you done yet? when you gonna have water in it? how much has it cost you? you should keep an Alligator Gar or Airapama in there. ok now that you have your normal boost of "are you done yet" keep up the good work. the routing is gonna look great. I'm sure with how you built this thing you likely wont find a leak for a while if one where to develop it has so much to get through to get to the outside of the tank. have you decided weather your gonna lift it up a bit still? I can't remember what you decided. or was that just to do some painting on the bottom?

scousy22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
uk
This is looking awsome necro.

I just spent a couple of hours going thru the whole thread(was a bit dissappointed when i got to page 186 and it still isnt finished):(

Just glad i didnt join in july, dont think i could last that long.

It wouldve took less time to read without all the "more pics", "updates plz" and useless posts like that. Maybe you'd have finished by now if u hadnt had to read all those too.

Its good to see u havent given up, especially with all the set backs uve had in everyday life.

Your an inspiration too many, keep it up:)

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Routed the rest of the front last night, and puttied what needed puttied on the front. Need to get some more putty for the rest of the outside and inside. Will be sanding a whole bunch today, and hopefully staining tomorrow. Will also try to do some of the fiberglass on the inside today when i'm taking breaks from sanding! I'll try to have some pics later today or tomorrow later in the day. Don't hold your breath, but be prepared for a lot of pics when I'm done with what I'm doing with my time off. Still have other errands to run also though lol. Life's a "B"! On the other hand today is my birthday. lol. On saturday I helped throw out plastic easter eggs, about 50,000 or so. Was I think the largest easter egg hunt in Montana. We had 3000 people show. Was held at a friend's ranch.

Framework for the windows has been cut and will be put in today. I've bought extra resin so that I can do hopefully all the seems and corners. I'll do a rundown of all the parts and costs when it's all said and done. It is still under $3000 right now. I need to get the sealant for the inside of the tank, and the urathane for the outside still. Need to get the rest of the plumbing. Plumbing is not going to be too expensive though. They do have 4"x10' pipes at homedepot for $15 I believe. I've also found 4" closet flanges finally. So I should be in good shape to finish this relatively fast compared to what I've been doing. Still might take another month to two months, just from having to save up money.

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
basslover34;3013996; said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NECRO!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE GEEZER CLUB :grinno:
Now now Bass, he isn't AS ancient as you are yet. :grinno:
J/K hehe. HBD Necro.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com