180 gal Malawi stocking

nicksteele7

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2017
Will be setting up a new 180gal (6x2x2) Malawi tank by the end of the summer. Was thinking this for a preliminary stock list. Going to get the mbuna at 2”, the haps and peacocks at 3” and the fronts at 5”. Would love some suggestions of the best online vendors for Africans and also for different species that might add more color/contrast. Thanks! - Nick

Yellow lab x 6
Afra x 6
Red zebra x 6
Acei x 6
Rusty x 6
Snow white socolofi x 6
Red peacock (not sure which kind for peacocks) x 6
Blue peacock x 6
4x frontosa
1x moori
1x venustus
1x Malawi eye biter
1x fusco
5x clown loach

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Will be setting up a new 180gal (6x2x2) Malawi tank by the end of the summer. Was thinking this for a preliminary stock list. Going to get the mbuna at 2”, the haps and peacocks at 3” and the fronts at 5”. Would love some suggestions of the best online vendors for Africans and also for different species that might add more color/contrast. Thanks! - Nick

Yellow lab x 6
Afra x 6
Red zebra x 6
Acei x 6
Rusty x 6
Snow white socolofi x 6
Red peacock (not sure which kind for peacocks) x 6
Blue peacock x 6
4x frontosa
1x moori
1x venustus
1x Malawi eye biter
1x fusco
5x clown loach
r u getting big or small frontosas

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
I would pick mbuna or haps and peacocks. Also leave out any singles if you're going to have male/female groups. Your mbuna groups look good, only thing I would change is either labs or zebra, since they cross breed alot easier than most.

Joshomaru

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2018
https://www.livefishdirect.com
These guys are local to me (SLC UT area), and is the only place I get my Africans from (their storefront is open to the public on saturdays, otherwise, they only ship).
Here in SLC, our ph is very similar to the Rift lakes. Also, this store and their farm is on natural springs, so they have been born and raised in clean chem free water.
I am in no way associated with this store, just a very happy customer for over 10 years!
Josh

nicksteele7

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2017
What could I change zebra for that looks good/contrasts the others? I’m going to try mixing haps and peacocks with mbuna and see how it goes since I’ve seen it done successfully. Going to get blue zaire Mobas

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store