180 gallon planted aquarium.

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
So I have a few unexpected weeks off of work. I came up with an idea/project for the tank to keep me occupied. Some new stock I’ve temporarily placed in the tank. Dwarf hair grass, (2) Bucephalandra blue wavy (3) Bucephalandra sunset angel. Kind of a teaser photo, I want to wait and see if my idea works before I share it with everyone. Stay tuned ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So I have a few unexpected weeks off of work. I came up with an idea/project for the tank to keep me occupied. Some new stock I’ve temporarily placed in the tank. Dwarf hair grass, (2) Bucephalandra blue wavy (3) Bucephalandra sunset angel. Kind of a teaser photo, I want to wait and see if my idea works before I share it with everyone. Stay tuned ?

View attachment 1453264

View attachment 1453265
Looks good! Be careful with the buce it's very much like anubias you don't want to bury the rhizome.

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
Looking good. Have you considered repens? Just planted a few in my 180 planted and I am going to attempt to carpet a good portion of the substrate. Should be easy to cut and plant stems as it grows. They come from Brazil I believe so seemed to be a good fit for my piranhas.

Reactions: Scruffy4

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
Looking good. Have you considered repens? Just planted a few in my 180 planted and I am going to attempt to carpet a good portion of the substrate. Should be easy to cut and plant stems as it grows. They come from Brazil I believe so seemed to be a good fit for my piranhas.
First time I’ve heard of repens. They look really nice. I think I’m going to hold off on adding anything else until things start filling in. I was unhappy with the space behind the driftwood, that’s why I decided to box it in. I wanted an elevated space for plants and it came out exactly as I hoped it would. Pretty much took me all day but definitely worth it. Now I have to decide if I’m going to add co2 to my setup or not...

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
First time I’ve heard of repens. They look really nice. I think I’m going to hold off on adding anything else until things start filling in. I was unhappy with the space behind the driftwood, that’s why I decided to box it in. I wanted an elevated space for plants and it came out exactly as I hoped it would. Pretty much took me all day but definitely worth it. Now I have to decide if I’m going to add co2 to my setup or not...
The down side to adding CO2 is the need to start adding ferts which leads to needing more light. Then more ......

Reactions: Scruffy4
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store