180l tank ideas

Twiggy104

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2017
What kind of community tank are you talking about, one with all different sorts of barbs and tetras or something else. I would probably stock the tank with some South American fish, dwarf cichlids and a big group of tetras as well as some Cory cats and maybe a nice small pleco
I wouldn’t want to go purely for barbs again so I would probably look at dwarf cichlids is they any you would recommend?

Reactions: Bertie07

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
In terms of mbuna are you saying 5 labs and 5 cynotia to make up the tank? As I was told to massively overstock at my LFS?
That will be considered "overstocked". If you have too many fish, you end up with fish kinda just hovering in place with no natural activity. You have to find a balance with enough fish to disperse aggression, but still have the fish adding normal.

Twiggy104

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2017
That will be considered "overstocked". If you have too many fish, you end up with fish kinda just hovering in place with no natural activity. You have to find a balance with enough fish to disperse aggression, but still have the fish adding normal.
Thank you for clearing that up!!

Reactions: Chicxulub

Twiggy104

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2017
Thank you to everyones suggestions. Think these seem to be my options to choose from:
1) Lake Tang - Shell dwellers with a pair of Calvus, comps, or Julie's.
2) Mbuna Tank with groups of 5 labs and 5 cynotia.
3) Community tank with dwarf cichlids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store