2 jardini in one tank?

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
hey guys i been keeping a few jardini before but i never have two of them in the same tank. i have one of my jardini in a tank with my pikes and the tank look empty i have little plants at the bottom but it doesnt get in the fishes way. i want to put another jardini in there and they are both about the same size maybe just a little bit long not even half an inch longer. mh tank right now is 6x2x2. do you think it would be ok for me to build 2 jardini in there? i have a bigger pond when they get big. Tell me what do you guys think.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I think 99 times out of 100 it will result in one death , the only chance I think this can happen is if they are bought and raised together and learn to tolorate one another or pair up , in my opinion its a long shot though as you'll already know jars are relentless killers and don't take kindly to any tankmates let alone other aros.
If you've got a jar already and you stick another in it territory chances are it'll get nailed straight away so have another tank or divider at the ready lol , good luck if you do try it though I'd love to see it work for you but its a big fishkeeping gamble :)

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
yes it is a very big gamble. i would love to see it happen too. in my pond i have 6 jardini but the number 2 is a problem. im not sure if my little jardini is aggressive or not because i have seen it try to go after any of my pike both my pike and me jardini are the same size. sometime i do see my jardini swim up to my pike and then following it but no aggression but im not sure how mine will react if it see another jardini in the tank or the other jardini see my jardini.

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
i have a few but they are different sizes. my bigger ones are in a pond. im planning to try to pair up my smallest one which is about 5" with another jardini that is about 4-5" which i dont have yet but its coming. i made a DIY divider for my tank following this video

im going to introduce them for a while and let them get use to each other. then ill let it go and lets see how that will go. im not sure if this will work so please dont hate me on this, this is my first time introducing "2" jardini together i hope this will work. like my post on top i do have 6 jardini together if u also count my silver then i have 9 arowanas in total. i love arowanas it's my most favorite fish so i made a pond for them if you guys are wondering. i read if you keep 5 or more or a large number of arowanas with each other then they will get along and it worked for me. this is my first time mixing 2 jardini together so i will let you guys know how it go and maybe i can take some pics if i can find out how to take good pic with my phone.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
cool keep us posted I hope this works out for you , just keep a close eye on them once released if it doesn't happen in the first day just try them again in few weeks see how they get on , good luck :)

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
lol yes i will keep u guys update but i feel like this is going to take a while just a heads up. when i see like they dont show aggression to each other anymore then ill take out the divider and lets see what happen. Thank you! :)

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
well for a first day, my new jardini just arrived and i set him/her in the tank. so far i havent seen any of them showing aggression forward each other. my jardini that is in the tank already just ignore my new one. they both see each other through the net but no aggression or maybe its the net

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
What size are they both mate ? Glad day ones run smoothly :)

administrator

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2011
The only way I have seen 2 full grown jars in 200ish gallon tank was with tons of other fish as well making it quite overcrowded. The owner said this way they cannot establish territories. He kept it like that for many years. He was a small time breeder and used every bit of space in every tank. He also had 3 full grown jars with 2 full grown silvers and a whole bunch of other fish in a 300 gallon.

It can be done but not sure if you really want to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store