2 lithodoras dorsarlis grow out.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Outstanding
I have noticed this one has much bigger scuts then the other two. I’m not sure on the catch location of the other two. I believe they came from AG over in Germany. Where most of the others have come from recently

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Our 3x from Predatory Fins came from Brazil. IDK the river and Rod can't ask as things went south with that supplier.

Reactions: Rpul

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Guys. What’s are all your sizes now?
I have one at 10” and 2 around the 12-13” mark?
One in particular is always responsive as soon as I walk into the fish room. Up the glass, around the surface, extremely greedy. This is the largest one aswell.
Ive tanned the water in there tank. This has made them go much darker then when the first arrived. Almost a Smokey black colour with bright white bellies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Mine have settled down quite a bit,they no longer actively patrol the tank.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Our trio must have grown several inches in the 2 months with us. Now look about a foot, maybe a bit over. Feed like maniacs. Their 240 gal is largely bare, so they swim around as they please. Seldom sit in a corner, even then one at a time. Sometimes swim/hang head down mid water in a corner, which I find unusual.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Our trio must have grown several inches in the 2 months with us. Now look about a foot, maybe a bit over. Feed like maniacs. Their 240 gal is largely bare, so they swim around as they please. Seldom sit in a corner, even then one at a time. Sometimes swim/hang head down mid water in a corner, which I find unusual.
I find mine doing this also. I don’t find it odd. Bacu and oxydoras have always done the same in my own tanks. Oddly often found around midwater level. Just relaxing in the current, even the larger oxydoras did this.
Great to hear yours are doing well and growing.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I assume you are speaking of swimming, as a fish normally would, horizontally or at a slight angle in current mid water column. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am talking vertical, head down, in a corner, mid depth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store