200 Gallon Fish with terrapin stocking?

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
Possible ideas for a 200-gallon fish tank with 2 red ear sliders in it. Any of these fish work well or not?

1) Ornate bichir
2 oscars
Fire Eel ( i love my bichirs)
2) Ornate bichir
Fahaka puffer
3) Ornate bichir
Cichlid community (specify which)
4) Ornate Bichir
6 Rainbow Snakeheads

Thanks,

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
But you know, I don't want to get a 100 gallon just for 2 big turtles so I might as well get cool fish. I'm definitely getting ornate bichirs, any other fish ideas?

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Guppies. Put in about 300 of them along with places to hide so they can multiply.

Reactions: Justepic

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
But you know, I don't want to get a 100 gallon just for 2 big turtles so I might as well get cool fish. I'm definitely getting ornate bichirs, any other fish ideas?
I would try a less expensive specie on a trial basis turtles including Red ear slider can do damage if they grabbed a fish.

Reactions: Justepic

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
Yh but I have so many videos of people with fish and turtles in 150s. Normally there's some cichlids big barbs and other semi-aggressive fish.
I am not willing to spend that much money on a sump and aquarium for two big turtles that won't even use all the space in the day :ROFL:

So I'm sure that you can some rainbow snakeheads or cichlids in there.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Yh but I have so many videos of people with fish and turtles in 150s. Normally there's some cichlids big barbs and other semi-aggressive fish.
I can throw an alligator in with a zebra for a few minutes and get a video but that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing long term.
I am not willing to spend that much money on a sump and aquarium for two big turtles that won't even use all the space in the day :ROFL:
If you are not willing to provide the correct environment for the 2 turtles then please rehome them.

Justepic

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2018
London
I can throw an alligator in with a zebra for a few minutes and get a video but that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing long term.

If you are not willing to provide the correct environment for the 2 turtles then please rehome them.
Don't mistake me, I will definitely provide the terrapins with good homes. I was just asking questions for tankmates.

From what I can gather, the bioload will be too heavy to have a cichlid community or snakeheads.

Just answer this, will it be possible to have bichirs with terrapin? This is my favorite fish I have always wanted them so above all else can I stock these together?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I can not speak on if a turtle would do good with a bichir as I have not put them together myself however, is it possible for you to set up another tank? A Senegal bichir doesn’t require too much space. An albino short body might be good in a 29 gallon and 29 gallons are 30 inches long by 12 inches wide. Not too much space taken up by them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store