210 not level on stand

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I can't tell what's going on but i would make sure all edges are touching the stand. You only want to shim the bottom by the floor.

That's how most catastrophic failures happen.

Brettnewell4454

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2018
I've read a lot on multiple forums. Lots of mixed opinions.
But, I decided to slow down. I'm cutting the plumbing and I'll take the tank off stand and put it on the floor on 2x4s upside down to leave some plumbing in tact. Then punch holes in the plywood I just bought for the pvc and go that route. Some extra work and an extra couple days is better than cleaning the 350 gallons of this system off the ground

Reactions: RemainVayne

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
If that were me, I too would put a sheet of plywood between stand and tank. I think it's generally good to have as much surface space to distribute the weight. For added protection, you mind as well paint it to match the color of stand and it would look nice underneath your stand as well.

EDIT: If you need to replumb some of your PVC, I'd suggest you add unions or union ball valves too. This way you can take apart most of the plumbing sections rather than cutting. You may have done that, but I didn't see any unions, hence just my .02.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
What's worked for me is i make the stand as square/level as I can. I put plywood on top then run thick foam around the edge of my frame. Then I use a quality level and shim under the bottom until level.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
I had the same issue when I built the stand for my 220. Was dead level in my shop. Once I put it in my basement and put the tank on it it wasn't level. So I filled it up a few inches with water and let the water be my level and leveled the stand with the tank on it.

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
I can't see the foam being detrimental in any way. It would be my first move to compensate for the multiple minor gaps... I read the link that was posted early and can't see a downside to it

Reactions: Itsadeepbluesea

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
If the tank isnt level one day it will explode and you will have a tsunami go through your house. It may be hours or years after filling.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store