220 build

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
3 tanks, nice bro! Getting my third in a month or two and I'm still setting up my 75, parents say I'm obsessed but correction I am "addicted" :). So my setup will be a 30, 55, and 75 soon plus a 180 in a year. Can't wait bro, also can't believe you have three already.

PS, if you need some catfish advice (not being very humble here) but I'd like to think I know a good bit about them, not as much as the 20 year all catfish pros but something nonetheless.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Watching your thread, what are you planning for substrate in your 220 ? Thank you for sharing pics and GL

Mojorisin138

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Idaho
I'm in the air still on that wanted white sand but headed good and bad things about it,maybe black sand not doing gravel that's for sure
White sand looks beautiful but you will see every little thing. I have white sand in one of my tanks and i think It's worth it. You can always do a mixture of white and black sand, that always looks nice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mojorisin138

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Idaho
No, just because if you stick the hose directly into sand you will siphon the sand out. It's almost just as easy to clean sand though.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah you just siphon a half inch or so above the sand because all the ditritus is on true top, or like previously said you will suck up all your substrate. Sand is to messy for me otherwise I would use it, small gravel is just as good IME.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Nice build :) Just be ready, the RTC Is gonna outgrow it in a very short amount of time, those Guys grow 2 inches a month :D Looking forward for some more Pictures :)

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree, at my one LFS there was a 2" redtail somebody bought for their 20 gallon! I was so close to getting kicked out :). My other lfs has a 5" RTC growing like heck but have it labeled as min tank size 150 gallons. I'm going to go in with a pen next time and put another 0 on that, I really am :l. I'm tempte to rescue it but NO way I have a big enough tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store