240 gallon progress

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I think that teacup Ray might outgrow that tank. They really need a large footprint. Even the teacup rays get to about 12-18" disc size, and 24-30" in length, depending on the tail.

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
I think that teacup Ray might outgrow that tank. They really need a large footprint. Even the teacup rays get to about 12-18" disc size, and 24-30" in length, depending on the tail.
Well if he starts getting too big for this tank then I will get him a new one, for now he's looking happier than before which the shop kept him in a 20 gallon

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Yeah, I hate to see them kept in tanks so small at the store. It gives the impression to inexperienced people that they are fine in those tanks.

Sounds good that you're willing to take good care of him. He does look happy in the tank.

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to try to get a species on the teacup Ray list for my 220 when I get it set up.

Reactions: M@T!@$

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Yeah, I hate to see them kept in tanks so small at the store. It gives the impression to inexperienced people that they are fine in those tanks.

Sounds good that you're willing to take good care of him. He does look happy in the tank.

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to try to get a species on the teacup Ray list for my 220 when I get it set up.
I think it would look nice in a 220, we are actually planning on moving so that gives me the option to upgrade, hopefully either a 10' intex pool or something around 300 gallons or so, started saving up so I have cash to upgrade these guys, always want the best for my babies :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store