240g Acrylic tank build thread (PIC HEAVY)

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Looking good, and massive!

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Thanks guys appreciate it. Question for those with acrylic tanks /plywood stands. Now that the tank is on the stand....The plywood is flat and sanded, but I see at least 1/8" to maybe 1 1/4" gap (irragularity ) in the plywood top. I did not want to do foam under tank & stan...but should I?

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Thanks guys appreciate it. Question for those with acrylic tanks /plywood stands. Now that the tank is on the stand....The plywood is flat and sanded, but I see at least 1/8" to maybe 1 1/4" gap (irragularity ) in the plywood top. I did not want to do foam under tank & stan...but should I?
I would but that is just my preference. It will be fine without it. So long as the stand is flat and level the weight of the tank will correct the plywood as its filled the first time.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I would but that is just my preference. It will be fine without it. So long as the stand is flat and level the weight of the tank will correct the plywood as its filled the first time.

Really even that much? I've done a lot of reading/research on it lately and seems slight difference are fine....but you think 1/4" or so is okay? Just worriing me now that I see it on the stand is all.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Really even that much? I've done a lot of reading/research on it lately and seems slight difference are fine....but you think 1/4" or so is okay? Just worriing me now that I see it on the stand is all.
You have a pic?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store