29 gallon tank has ich, how to treat it

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
At this point it’s a system reboot looks like.
Was the heater bad or just an error?
Gradually lower the temps keep the water moving and carry an with the normal maintenance and ich treatment.
That’s about all you can do.
In a few weeks you can get the tank planted again and start adding back your stock.
If possible you should always quarantine new fish for at least two weeks.
I have had ich outbreaks in planted tank before. I use Ruby Reef kick ich . It’s safe for plants and invertebrates, I have also used it with clown loaches and puffers and never lost an animal so far.

Reactions: kno4te
Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
At this point it’s a system reboot looks like.
Was the heater bad or just an error?
Gradually lower the temps keep the water moving and carry an with the normal maintenance and ich treatment.
That’s about all you can do.
In a few weeks you can get the tank planted again and start adding back your stock.
If possible you should always quarantine new fish for at least two weeks.
I have had ich outbreaks in planted tank before. I use Ruby Reef kick ich . It’s safe for plants and invertebrates, I have also used it with clown loaches and puffers and never lost an animal so far.
I still ichx safe for plants? I am really upset, I spent a lot of money (I’m unemployed) and invested a lot of time into this tank and it’s all failing, my tank is just a whole mess. My kuhli loaches go into the overflow, my dojo loaches need colder water (didn’t know that until now). I don’t even know what to do

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I still ichx safe for plants? I am really upset, I spent a lot of money (I’m unemployed) and invested a lot of time into this tank and it’s all failing, my tank is just a whole mess. My kuhli loaches go into the overflow, my dojo loaches need colder water (didn’t know that until now). I don’t even know what to do
It’s safe for plants.
Yeah, my loach is dead
Sorry for the loss.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
ok thanks for letting me know it's safe, I'll try to get some today, do I dose it when the ich drops off or do I just add it immediately, do I do large water changes to remove the salt?
Would do a big water change and reduce the temps if not done already. Then add the medicine.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store