4th attempt success

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Anyone suggest putting a powerhead over the dish with the eggs not pointing at them but over them just to help circulate the water.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Anyone suggest putting a powerhead over the dish with the eggs not pointing at them but over them just to help circulate the water.
Id rather put an airstone next to it to simulate the fanning the parents need to do. But once again give them a few trys. Keep the water pristine and the tank a little dimmed. Dont disturb the parents. They will work it out eventually so dont stress on hatching fry. I did the same when i was new to the hobby. I was so eiger to hatch fry. Now if i get a pair of some species i let them work it out themself and not trying to rush it. If i get fry then i get fry. If i dont its not a big of a deal.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Id rather put an airstone next to it to simulate the fanning the parents need to do. But once again give them a few trys. Keep the water pristine and the tank a little dimmed. Dont disturb the parents. They will work it out eventually so dont stress on hatching fry. I did the same when i was new to the hobby. I was so eiger to hatch fry. Now if i get a pair of some species i let them work it out themself and not trying to rush it. If i get fry then i get fry. If i dont its not a big of a deal.
Ive bred many fish in the past this is my first experience with oscars and fungus on the eggs. I let the parents do there own thing havent messed with them at all.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
They finally laid eggs again this is there 6th time hoping no fungus added some salt as recommended and have more water flow in the tank hoping all goes well and they dont eat the wrigglers this time.

Reactions: Jexnell

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
I striped the wigglers from the parents fungus was starting to develope on unfertilized eggs. Got a lot more babies then I thought left a little with the parents to see how they do.

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store