50G Aquascape 3.0

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Love the variety in your tank. Lots of colors to enjoy.

Is there an option for acrylic tubes on the market? I think that'd be nice cause you wouldn't have to worry as much about cracking anything.
Thanks for the comment ;)

I honestly never thought about acrylic tubes before, but im guessing they arent on the market (at least over here) coz how easily acrylic will scratch??? Especially when cleaning algae from the tubes...

However, i know they have green plastic tubes which i've used as a backup till i got some spare glass pieces incase this happens again lol...

Reactions: KabobSoldier

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Another quick update pick... guessing some of my plants are suffering from a nitrogen deficiency so started dosing nitrogen...

Hopefully that will help but lets see...

IMG_0773.JPG

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
More for a personal update, but finally managing to get some purples back out of the plants that went from purple to green after being planted...

Seems all this time nitrogen was the one thing i was missing, most likely due to the extremely small bioload...

After one week i can already see the plants stem and leaves picking up some color...

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just realized the pics dont show the color too well, but trust me when i say its coming out... lol...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Seen as i havent given this thread of mine any love in a long time and i just picked up some new Bucephalandra "Brownie Ghost", it would be a good time to give a quick update and maybe keep track of how this new buce does in my tank...

Heres to hoping for some nice metallic blues in the near future...

IMG_8287.JPG

IMG_8346.JPG

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Like the new heater placement, just a little more growth and we won't be able to see it. The reds and greens are contrasting very nicely, a little blue sneaking out in between could make for some nice photos with the shrimp. Speaking of shrimp they seem invisible in the latest pic, I'm guessing you took this photo a bit after they finished up feeding. Can't wait to see hundreds of them running around in there.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Like the new heater placement, just a little more growth and we won't be able to see it. The reds and greens are contrasting very nicely, a little blue sneaking out in between could make for some nice photos with the shrimp. Speaking of shrimp they seem invisible in the latest pic, I'm guessing you took this photo a bit after they finished up feeding. Can't wait to see hundreds of them running around in there.
Actually the heater is only in the tank for the colder months, once summer rolls around it comes out and the chiller gets turned back on... so really more of a fix to keeping the shrimp tank temps consistent in winter...

As for the shrimp, they are normally most active after water changes or about 30min after throwing food in... although i definitely cant wait till i have a shrimp super highway going on...

Here is a bonus pic pf some of the shrimp feeding, might be able to see 2 berried females if you look closely...

IMG_8355.JPG

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Finally sort of happy with the shape of scape, now just need to maintain it and wait for the colors to really develop after more trimming (sorry for crappy phone pics)...

IMG_8486.JPG

Just keeping record of the Bucephalandra brownie ghost:
IMG_8487.JPG

Just keeping record of the Bucephalandra Sky Red Mini
IMG_8489.JPG

This unknown buce of mine even seems to be showing signs of coloring up...
IMG_8490.JPG

Reactions: Hendre

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just keeping track of my 50G Buce progress, although i've finally realized i am in major need of dosing Phosphorus in my tank as my tap water contains barely enough to even register on the API test kit...

Also happy to say i'm seeing tiny baby shrimp around the tank, so when they are a bit larger will try and grab some pics...

IMG_8687.JPG IMG_8688.JPG IMG_8689.JPG

Reactions: Woefulrelic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store