50G planted tank setup journal

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Looks good. I finnaly got my tank sorted out. And i just got that same co2 but the 45 gallon version

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks, and yeah, this brand of Co2 seems quite popular over here...

Nice update! I can already imagine it will look very nice!

Thanks for giving me idea how much a complete CO2 setup will be ther in HK.
Thanks and No worries ;)

I mean the bottle prices dont vary too much in price, its more the adapter for it that can vary a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I know they do treat their soil... As for is there any added benefit compared to other aquarium soils? Probably not much but have always had good result using it so i kept with it...

Heres a shot of the info about the soil that come inside the bag incase you want to check it out...

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356233920.937200.jpg

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
Re-arranged a few plants, and added a couple HC patches to the setup to hold the dirt down... bought 2 new red plants today which i'll add in tmr, but here is the setup and what it looks like at present... any thoughts / comments welcome :)

View attachment 861166
I like this look. The only thing I see is the big wood seems to close to the front glass. If you only had 4-5" more space between there.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
What AFA store did you go to? I only know of two in the US, one in San Francisco California and the other somewhere in Texas. I've gone to the one in SF a few times and its awesome.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I like this look. The only thing I see is the big wood seems to close to the front glass. If you only had 4-5" more space between there.

And actually the wood is setup that way so that aesthetically the tank looks good from all angles

What AFA store did you go to? I only know of two in the US, one in San Francisco California and the other somewhere in Texas. I've gone to the one in SF a few times and its awesome.

That may have something to do with me being in Hong Kong ;)

Also they don have their own store per se, but a lot of stores do stock their products...

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA

And actually the wood is setup that way so that aesthetically the tank looks good from all angles

That may have something to do with me being in Hong Kong ;)

Also they don have their own store per se, but a lot of stores do stock their products...

Oh right sorry I forgot, I was thinking of AFA (Aqua Forest Amano). They only have two stores in the US and there the store I know of that Carries only ADA products.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store