600 gallon tank finally here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there is a new thread in the photo lounge that is a photo summary of this one. You don't get all the story behind them, but its a much quicker read and you can actually find the photos now. :)

"My 600 gallon thread whittled down to pics and videos beginning through 01/22/10"
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302072

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
wow Pbass! Very cool. Congrats Jenn I am sure they will come around to full bright awesomeness in no time under your care :)

nitrofish1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Northern Illinois
Wet Whiskers;3816383; said:
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there is a new thread in the photo lounge that is a photo summary of this one. You don't get all the story behind them, but its a much quicker read and you can actually find the photos now. :)

"My 600 gallon thread whittled down to pics and videos beginning through 01/22/10"
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302072
thank you very much. the pictures are nice. and that is one fat TSN

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
tcarswell;3817299; said:
wow Pbass! Very cool. Congrats Jenn I am sure they will come around to full bright awesomeness in no time under your care :)
It will be interesting keeping them. Thanks for the confidence! :) lol let's hope I do well...

nitrofish1;3817830; said:
thank you very much. the pictures are nice. and that is one fat TSN
Glad you enjoyed it. And yes. She's one big mama.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
broken;3818603; said:
If i can get a 640gal tank that i am thinking of buying looking as good yours i would be on top of the world.
I saw your post. I think you have a great deal there if it looks to be structurally sound (as in no bubbles in the seams and its not bowing badly). I got mine used. Its not perfect as the are some scratches on it, but I don't care. They are not severe deep gouges so if put other fish in there who aren't total bulldozers, then yeah, I'd consider buffing it. Even if there is a big scratch that can't get buffed out, I'd say it still could be a great tank if you can see in. If you want, get the majority of the scratches buffed out and enjoy having a monster tank. I could not have afforded to buy a new tank, but could get this and I LOVE IT! Again, make sure its structurally sound, and I think you have yourself and awesome deal. :)

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
broken;3822629; said:
Your tank is a beauty!!!
I am looking at buying a 640gal tank and i have a question for you.
How many people did it take to lift that bad boy?
Um, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it did take quite a few people. I think it was 6 that helped. It would have been even easier if we weren't placing it up against the car like that. The PVC pipes under the tank made a huge difference as we pretty much just rolled it down the stand to where we wanted it. Also the suction cups were great to have. At $5-6 a piece at Harbor Freight, they were worth every penny to adjust it and prevent squished fingers.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
broken;3822717; said:
thanks, and once again you have a great tank!!!!
Thanks, and it looks like you are on the verge on getting one! Hope the information helps. Don't know if you've gone through the thread, but you might get a good idea what it could take to move this guy around. Floor dollies were the best thing ever for moving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store