600 gallon tank finally here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Weird, your avatar just changed in like a split second of me browsing the thread. I was so used to the other one that it really threw me off.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
Madding;3839617; said:
Weird, your avatar just changed in like a split second of me browsing the thread. I was so used to the other one that it really threw me off.
LOL I had to show off my new awesome boy. Got him last night. :D

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
johnptc;3839792; said:
now i am really jealous !!!!! what is his name ??
Not sure yet on the name. He came with the name 'Rajah', but I don't think he had that name very long, as while he obviously listens and knows all sorts of commands, he doesn't recognize it at all. I was thinking more along the lines of Gunther, Charles, or Winston something like those. It took me almost three weeks to name my one cat, Rupert. Till then "Hey big guy" seems to work well. Here's the thread on him.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3839974#post3839974

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Congrats Jenn!! A friend of mine has one and she absolutely loves him.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
My hybrid is sick :cry:. He wasn't eating well a three weeks ago, but after treating with one round of Prazipro he was improving. I wasn't satisfied that he was 100% (more like 50% better), so I did a second round. Now he won't eat at all, so he's gonna have to be pulled out and quarentined. Everyone else is eating medicated food well, the hybrid will need a medicated bath. Probably one of my, if not the, favorite fish, and I'm so worried about him as he's usually a garbage disposal.

I bought a 110 gallon stock tank that he should be quite comfortable in considering its a hospital tank.

I'm going to treat with jungle parasite cure. I'm going to have to get into the tank to get him out, and giving that their are sharp pectoral spines and two massive ripsaws, I'm throwing on my wet suit and diving boots. Getting all this stuff super clean will be some serious effort as I don't want to contaminate their water with soap or anything like that. Everything is going to be washed with biodegradible, gentle soap and rinse like forever. I'm going to make sure I dint drag in any perfumes, condtioners or whatever. We worked on temporary filtration last night and water tested tand cleaned he stock tank. Hopefully he'll be in there in about 6-7 hours. We still need to figure out a lid, heating, finding a laundry basket that will fit in the openings and be large enough for him, etc.

Wish me luck that all goes smoothly and my baby gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store