600g DIY plywood build

DIFish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
St. Louis
any new up dates?
I'll try and get some pics up soon, it's been rough week for the tank. For starters my Datnoid looks even darker and more unstable than usual, and that is when he comes out which is only a handful of times a week to eat almost nothing and then hide again. I have attempted to remove him from the tank on multiple occasions to separate him so I can get him to eat, but he is surprisingly fast and I don't want to drain the tank. The Bichir along with the Altifrons have completely obliterated my thriving plants, and the ones that have not been torn up are completely chewed down to a stub. Also for some reason I am having a problem with algae growing everywhere even though my nitrates are less than 5. Although none of this bothers me as much as losing my silver Arrowana last night. I just got a nice and healthy silver Arrowana from pet zone Friday morning, acclimated and put it in the tank, watched him eat and swim around all day. Then after I went to bed he somehow managed to fit though the eggcrate which keeps fish from going over my overflow. Found him this morning dead in the filter sock. Not too happy about that, looked like a really healthy fish and I have no idea how he fit through such a small opening. So I am kinda bummed out, my tank is holding up fine and my parameters are all in check, however the fish definitely are not cooperating with me. Hopefully I can fix some of this stuff and get some pictures up.

Reactions: MASTERTANKER

Niners4952

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2016
Damn I know the feeling, It took me months to find a nice arrowana he was about 6" and ate fine, well 2 weeks later my 7" TSN ate him, he was almost the same size didn't think it was even possible

DIFish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
St. Louis
Damn I know the feeling, It took me months to find a nice arrowana he was about 6" and ate fine, well 2 weeks later my 7" TSN ate him, he was almost the same size didn't think it was even possible
Yeah that sounds near impossible! Oh well, if keeping fish was easy then everyone would have huge tanks and rare fish I guess. Hopefully I will get another as well as my stingray soon!

Niners4952

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2016
I bought a 2' arrowana and a 14" motoro sting ray from a friend of mine for my 600, they out grew his tank, all I have to do now is plumb the filter and I can start cycling. I had to buy bigger uni seals so just waiting for them to arrive, I will post a build thread when its all done

DIFish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
St. Louis
I bought a 2' arrowana and a 14" motoro sting ray from a friend of mine for my 600, they out grew his tank, all I have to do now is plumb the filter and I can start cycling. I had to buy bigger uni seals so just waiting for them to arrive, I will post a build thread when its all done
Sounds like you aren't messing around haha. Starting with monster fish instead of waiting should let you enjoy it right away. I'll be watching for that thread, Goodluck on the plumbing.

Niners4952

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2016
I already have a monster RTC and a TSN and another RTC growing out in smaller tanks, once my big rtc is moved they will get his 125 he out grew over a year ago

DIFish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
St. Louis
Here are some pics as promised. Some of them are a little blurry, I have to move fast because it only takes about a minute for the dat to realize I am watching him and hide. The altifrons are all coloring up nicely and the bichir occasionally makes and appearance but usually just digs up plants and sits in the rocks. I really can't wait to get a ray to go in here, its looking a little empty at the moment.
IMG_6467.JPG IMG_6468.JPG IMG_6469.JPG IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6470.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store