60x30x24 custom acrylic tank setup log

brent245

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2009
Arizona
I got a cheap nicrew led for now. I will probably need to add another since the tand is 30 wide. I'm still debating the canopy. Maintenance on my current 75g with canopy is difficult, and with the tank being 30 wide this one will be even harder.

Beast020

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2018
That is such a good looking stand i may copy this on a smaller scale for my 50 gallon im working on. Keep up the good work

brent245

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2009
Arizona
Thanks! Both of the stands in the photo are the same design. This time around though I had a lot of shrinkage in the wood paneling. I didn't think about this when I put the paneling on. They are cheap fence boards and were wet. When they dried that shrank by quite a bit. So if you do try this design, dry the boards out first.

Reactions: Beast020

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Beautiful setup. Very good craftsmanship on that tank. Stand is unique as well. As for warping, the same thing occurred when I did a live edge table. The wood still had a bit of moisture in it after drying outside for almost 2 years and inside for a week before use. It was a 5” thick slab of maple. When I put the varnish on top it warped a little and you could see cracks/stress lines throughout. Didn’t take much to fix in terms of cost, just hours of sanding

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store