75 gallon blackwater tank feels like it's missing something

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
The tank is coming along very well.

As for vals, my fish always trash them. I have swords and java fern and anubias, and they eventually trash them too, but they last much longer..
Yea I was hoping they would be up shading the foreground by now but not even close

My cories arent full grown and haven't messed with any plants yet. But they are only about 1.75 inches. I believe peppered get to 3

Last edited:

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Cories would still up root that's the issue.... .5 inch sand bed and cories not gonna happen
The root system of my crypts was so extensive that no cory Ive ever kept could make a dent. I also kept Crypts with sand sifting cichlid, and even they couldn't budge the plants once established (and corys were wimpy compared to the 6-8" cichlid diggers in my photo above) .

Reactions: kno4te

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Current stock

21 neon tetras
12 black neons
9 rumnynose tetras
11 peppered cories
1 albino bristlenose pleco
2 nerite snails

I want to add some Angel's and Bolivian rams. The trio I had disnt work out before so had to rehome them.

Thoughts on how many Angel's and bolivians to add?

I know my stocking is high so I'll be taking out all 12 black neons and 2 peppered cories to help compensate a little.

Filtration is ehiem 2217 and aquaclear 110
I'll be adding 2 established sponge filters when adding the Angel's and bolivians also adding an Amazon sword and a couple more plants.

Water change schedule is 50% every mon and fri
Parameters are ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5

Was thinking 4 bolivians and 4 Angel's

Thoughts appreciated

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
The 2 swords I have now will fill in and so will the rest of the plants. Tanks done now. All stock added

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store