75 going on 180

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
He has some playsand from homedepot, lol
I was trying to be cheap cause it supposed to be a guppy, danios and pleco tank:D
I tried that in a smaller tank what a mess. I think everyone shows pretty good colors on the pfs. Sometimes I just think its to bright. I picked up a bag of black diamond im gonna mix with some pfs and see what that looks like. I was thinking of adding a bit of the garnet too.....if I can find it.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Pretty cool anu benefits to having it over head ?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Once the 180 is up ill be moving the pothos over. It will be different but still on top of the canopy fed by a diy canister filter hidden (I hope) in the back ground on the 180. I will have a traditional sump but I don't want the pothos under the tank. Its a low light plant and with the ambient lighting in the room I wont have to put light on it. Plus once it starts growing really well it will look cool too. Depending on set up I was also toying with the idea of breeding shrimp where the pothos is with an open drain to the display. Any shrimp sucked down become treats to the fish. I don't know anything about breeding shrimp so will be reading up on that to see if its even feasible. I have bred stuff in the past just not shrimp on purpose anyway.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Sounds like a cool setup! Cant wait to see it.

Red cherry shrimp don't need anything special at all to breed! They're breeding in my 10 gallon tank and I did nothing out of the ordinary, other than provide a lot of plants and java moss. (And I have other fish in there, even.)

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store