850 gallon monster tank build

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Old thread, but curious how the tank is running. Any pics of how the tile looks with the lighting you were talking about? Also, did you seal the tile at all or secure it somehow so debris does not get underneath it.

Abyssalisk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
Utah
Old thread, but curious how the tank is running. Any pics of how the tile looks with the lighting you were talking about? Also, did you seal the tile at all or secure it somehow so debris does not get underneath it.
The tank is running well. Despite my best efforts, I still underestimated these beasts as they've managed to bust a few of the edges on the background. I've bought around 1,000 nylon screws and have been attaching artificial moss into the damaged areas for now. I'll definitely use more epoxy next time :rolleyes: I didn't seal the tile. I'm a bit of a clean freak so I wanted to be able to take out the tiles and scrub them down if I felt like doing so. My flow pretty much keeps everything and anything off of the bottom so I haven't really had any problem with debris getting under there (aside from a stingray barb I found lodged in between two tiles the last time I deep cleaned the tank lol). I've misplaced the tiny remote for the LED strips so once I get a new one in I'll attach a vid and some pics. Other than that, I upgraded the brutes to rain barrels and increased the piping between them from 1.5" to 3". I had some bottleneck issues before but now I can run my pump at full load. Thanks for your interest :D

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Very nice tank. I just got to enjoy this whole thread. I was thinking the same things as other posters as far as the background being a bluish color. However, after seeing the finished product, I’m very impressed and like it a lot.

I like the stocking as well. Only thing missing is a fire eel. Lol

Abyssalisk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
Utah
Very nice tank. I just got to enjoy this whole thread. I was thinking the same things as other posters as far as the background being a bluish color. However, after seeing the finished product, I’m very impressed and like it a lot.

I like the stocking as well. Only thing missing is a fire eel. Lol
I've actually considered adding a large eel. If I could find a larger sized one that I wouldn't have to grow out, I'd definitely add it in.

elting44

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Salina, KS
Was the idea behind the Tri-Force to make it look like a Lake Hylia Biotope :)

Sweet tank, I never would have thought that a blue-green background would look so good, especially with the lighting, but its really cool. Well done

Reactions: Abyssalisk
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store