a filter that keeps everyone happy

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Sometimes sarcasm is unwarranted and unwelcome.
Putting technical names on cruelty changes nothing.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Hey really?
Strange folks?
With too many fish filters?
O M G :eek3:
Lets all attack them, because that's why we're all here!

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Hey really?
Strange folks?
With too many fish filters?
O M G :eek3:
Lets all attack them, because that's why we're all here!
No one was attacked at any point. You are just confused and quite frankly embarrassing yourself. I can only assume English isn't your first language, otherwise you wouldn't be so clueless. Please stop responding to me.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
I have 2 air stones on each tank, all connected to large DC air pumps that switch on automatically if the power goes out).
I have the same battery powered air pumps and in the test run to balance off air in two tanks, water back siphon off the airline when it fell off or power was interrupted. There is a link in Post72 that someone reported draining half a 125 from a tiny air line, so you may be adding risk with your air pump.

A remedy is to add a check valve on each air line, but that will cut down the air flow. A better way is to hang the air pump above the tanks, which is what I do with my growout tanks.

Reactions: adamsfishes

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I have the same battery powered air pumps and in the test run to balance off air in two tanks, water back siphon off the airline when it fell off or power was interrupted. There is a link in Post72 that someone reported draining half a 125 from a tiny air line, so you may be adding risk with your air pump.

A remedy is to add a check valve on each air line, but that will cut down the air flow. A better way is to hang the air pump above the tanks, which is what I do with my growout tanks.
For sure bro, running check valves on air lines should be standard protocol on any air pumps located below water level, all my lines have them.

Reactions: Zanzag
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store