A pump and GPH ?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
A manifold (or garden hose gang valve) from the hardware store can help with temp adjustment, and attaches to just about any faucet gadget. Have mine attached to fill at least 2 or 3 banks of tanks (1000 gallons) at a time.

Reactions: robham777

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I have had problems with the shower head leaking so I don't want to take it on and off every week
You can buy a shower diverter that installs between the shower pipe and shower head and just use that when you want to do a water change with a hose. You can run the tub faucet until the correct temp and then switch to the diverter for filling the tank.

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
A manifold (or garden hose gang valve) from the hardware store can help with temp adjustment, and attaches to just about any faucet gadget. Have mine attached to fill at least 2 or 3 banks of tanks (1000 gallons) at a time.
That looks like something I could use in my garage. I am going to install a laundry sink out there this week and would like to fill more than 1 of the 10 tanks out there at a time. It is going to be so nice not to have to wait for kitchen sink time to do my water changes.

turkoman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
wi
I can see an issue with directly connecting a hose to the spout or showerhead. It would be very difficult to get the desired temp. The water has to go somewhere while you adjust the knobs to the correct temp. You would need a shut off valve for the hose so you could get the temp right, then cut the water flow off while you insert the hose into the tank. If you go that route, it makes sense to get a 50' python since it is already set up and aquarium safe. If you get a pump, look for one with an adjustable flow rate that will work with the 5' head height. This is just an example, but the aapw series pumps available on amazon are reasonable and would work.
https://www.hydrofarm.com/downloads/fc/Pump_Info_Sheet_v3_17531.pdf
Hey robham thanks for sending this info to me I bought one of these was I connected A 1"id hose to it adjusted it and it worked perfectly I can now add water at A rate of 300GPH +

Reactions: robham777

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Hey robham thanks for sending this info to me I bought one of these was I connected A 1"id hose to it adjusted it and it worked perfectly I can now add water at A rate of 300GPH +
300 gph is more than the utility sink faucet I got is rated for. That must make for some quick water changes, glad it worked out the way you wanted it to. Do you just coil the hose and stuff it in the bucket when not in use?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store