About those fuel prices…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
This is getting out of hand, it’s even more expensive then it was back in 2007-2008 when oil was $147 a barrel. I also saw a story of people predicting $6 a gallon or more average gas prices in the us by august. What’s your experience with fuel prices where you live?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,I no longer have a 6.4 liter V8 but it costs me one hundred dollars to fill up my Nissan Maxima,which has a six cylinder engine.....yep,out of hand indeed.

• Wow
Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The high gas prices are definitely hurting everyone.
Yes,very luckily I don't live but a twenty minute drive from work and it is at the point now where I rarely drive anywhere else besides the shopping center which is even closer to my home.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Even if one does not drive much, the major hikes in all basic items (I e food) are driven by the prices of oil and diesel. And it is not expected to get better any time soon. Salaries don’t increase anywhere as fast.

Reactions: skjl47 and tlindsey

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
sadly -

i don’t know what our state gas tax is…. ish is outta control - about to get a horse to ride to work ??

6E2C1063-D028-4C9A-A3FB-86849775DDDA.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Ulu and tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I mentioned this somewhere else on the forum not too long ago as the subject of fuel prices came up, but since then it has obviously changed again, and will rise even more over the coming weeks/months.

At some filling stations It costs us in the UK at the moment up to £7.72 per gallon of petrol. In your USD that is $9.75 I believe! We've always paid more for fuel than our US counterparts.

Little story for you. The first time we ever went to Florida back in 2010 my mother in law was fuelling up the rental vehicle. I watched the gauge and couldn't believe that she'd filled the tank up for virtually half the price it would have taken back in the UK. It was a real eye-opener, lol.

It's not just petrol and diesel though. Gas and electricity and also food. The prices are spiralling upwards at an alarming rate. The cost of living is out of control. People are saying we are starting to pay the price for Brexit now, and of course the war in Ukraine is another factor.

Very scary times at the minute.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Even if one does not drive much, the major hikes in all basic items (I e food) are driven by the prices of oil and diesel. And it is not expected to get better any time soon. Salaries don’t increase anywhere as fast.
Oh absolutely...it goes without saying that the rising fuel prices affects nearly everything else.Luckily I don't have a large family of children to feed and provide for and I eat very basic for the most most part.The prices of chicken hasn't gone up much at the local supermarket yet but eggs are nearing four dollars a dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store