Accidentally dumped too much food in tank

Kashif314

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2019
Sounds like your LFS employees also need to be more responsible, instead of just trying to make money off you with new fish every time you walk into the store and not caring about the results/consequences (other than thinking, no worries, it'll come back to us soon for free as a re-home).
There is one store which always gives me good suggestions and I am his regular customers. Others misguided me a lot. I had mono angels tank. It was still not converted to brackish water because monos were still small. I seen two beautiful platinum angels at store and the employee told me they are a perfect fit for mono angels. As soon as I added platinum angel Inside all mono angels started to pick on platinum like crazy so I had to remove the poor guy out.

I had a spare probably two feet tank and seen a fire eel and the guy told me that it doesn't swim so much so you can keep it in a two feet. Then I was told to buy snake heads to keep with cichlids. Countless examples really. Now I don't buy so quick anything I see but still sometimes its hard to not fell for something so beautiful. But I try.

Kashif314 Kashif314

Yes, do a journal with pics...they're lots of fun and everyone can exchange ideas!

Check out a thread I did called the "Ultimate Troll thread" in the Lounge area. I was inspired to do it based on some earlier posts. The worst ones are before 2016...you'll see what I mean. It's a parody of crazy posts from before. :y220d:
Ok. I will check but maybe while reading I will feel all these posts are pointing towards me lol.

If you have a whole bunch of questions why don’t you group them. Ie fish compatibility, plants, filters suggestions, substrate.

Or like others have mentioned make a journal log of your tank.. keep Pics, update it with your tank info, equipment upgrades, changes, add your questions there?

We as fish keepers will always have questions and no amount of research is going to give us all the same answers. we have to take the info we get from websites sites, Lfs, forums like this and make decisions on what we think is best for our tanks...no one size fits all...that’s the fun :)

Very nice looking fish btw, loving the Neutrino, I was always drawn to them bc of the spotted pattern but never owned bc of size and temperament
Yes. I am going to open a new thread about all questions regarding my tank and fish. Thanks.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
If you have a whole bunch of questions why don’t you group them. Ie fish compatibility, plants, filters suggestions, substrate.

Or like others have mentioned make a journal log of your tank.. keep Pics, update it with your tank info, equipment upgrades, changes, add your questions there?

We as fish keepers will always have questions and no amount of research is going to give us all the same answers. we have to take the info we get from websites sites, Lfs, forums like this and make decisions on what we think is best for our tanks...no one size fits all...that’s the fun :)

Very nice looking fish btw, loving the Neutrino, I was always drawn to them bc of the spotted pattern but never owned bc of size and temperament
+1, well said (even the hitting on neutrino part ;)

Kashif another great tool on this site is the Search function at the top of each page -- esp. for more general questions (e.g. "Are Hikari Cichlid pellets good for African Cichlids?") you'll find literally tens if not hundreds of threads/posts about these topics.

Take some time to sift through these good threads, like many of us have done (and still do) -- quite a few of your questions might likely be answered. But even then, with many subjects (incl. Hikari) you'll find many split opinions, so like Niki_up says you'll need to take the info/opinions and then decide for yourself which is best for you and your fish/tanks.

Reactions: RD. and Niki_up

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC

LOL I wanna see an icon of Neutrino with a spotted pattern...:grinyes:

Reactions: Niki_up

Akeno071

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2015
I had a spare probably two feet tank and seen a fire eel and the guy told me that it doesn't swim so much so you can keep it in a two feet.
Mine never swam much either, that's far too much effort for too little bloodworm to them!
Whether that allows it to be kept in a smaller tank or not.. I'm looking to pick an 8ft tank if I want to house them again.

I always take my phone with me when I go to my LFS.
Firstly to take pictures of pretty fishies and their names if I want to get them later. ( looking at you, ambigiously named scarlet plecos )
Secondly to do quick google searches if I see something I must have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store