Accidentally took fahaka out of water whkle cleaning tank

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
I was taking out his uneaten food. I noticed he was on the other side of the tank, but when I went to go clean the net I saw this little ball on the sink, luckily he was on the side of the sink and not down the drain. I struggled to pick him, I panicked but got him back into his tank. Problem is when I set him free from the net, he wasn't swimming normal. He was swimming with his head facing the surface. And darted down quick without using his tail, I tried burping him but he kept trying to bite and I dont want to squeeze him will he be ok?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I was taking out his uneaten food. I noticed he was on the other side of the tank, but when I went to go clean the net I saw this little ball on the sink, luckily he was on the side of the sink and not down the drain. I struggled to pick him, I panicked but got him back into his tank. Problem is when I set him free from the net, he wasn't swimming normal. He was swimming with his head facing the surface. And darted down quick without using his tail, I tried burping him but he kept trying to bite and I dont want to squeeze him will he be ok?

Don't squeeze the Fahaka the filling itself up with air is a defense method to make it look bigger for predators. Allow it to deflate itself on it's own.

Reactions: kno4te

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
This literally how he's swimming not using his tail it's just faced up

Yayo32

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2017
Don't squeeze the Fahaka the filling itself up with air is a defense method to make it look bigger for predators. Allow it to deflate itself on it's own.
I hope so it's been like this 4+ hours now

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I also just want to add that he looks quite emancipated?

Have you de-wormed your puffer at all since acquiring him or is he still quite new in the tank and just hasnt started eating properly yet?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store