Acrossocheilus barbs

Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
I've been wanting to get a group of them again. Unfortunatly I'm down to only 1 Acrossocheilus beijiangensis. the others of both species died from an Illness I think. One of the Acrossocheilus fasciatus killed the other though. I did notice my Acrossocheilus beijiangensis is pretty peaceful compared to the fasciatus I had.

I was sold it as Acrossocheilus beijiangensis, but now I'm not 100% sure. I will try to post pictures soon. Any help with identification is appreciated.

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
Learning more about them everyday it looks like there's 26 different variations with these.. I'm going to try and keep them with the Cardinal Shiners again as it seems their natural habitat gestures a rheophilic environment. When the Tor gets big enough I'll definitely put them together as acrossocheilus, garra, tor, closely related by intraspecific polymorphic variation - river basins take + define aesthetics further for each so best bet to identify is prolly see where it's from, male vs female, juvenile ++ . Also see AKA's // lissochilus, barbus cinctus, asiatic alias too.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
I love the fins on that barb! I want to get a Acrossocheilus Kreyenbergii sometime, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea if I have another similar species in that tank. I wonder if these barbs school in the wild or if they are solitary?

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
He's intense! I haven't tried keeping them together (i only have 1) but If you have any same size fish you plan on keeping w/ I wouldn't recommend. He's only good w/ nano or carp that I've tried. Don't want to risk putting him in aro tank.. Search for the Paradoxus on youtube though there's a video of them together in a shallow creek, not schooling, but there are a few of them getting along pretty good!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store