Acrylic tank failure

Kyzer

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2018
If you are looking to buy a new acrylic tank do not purchase from aquarium and terrarium builder out of north carolina. I ordered a 8x3x2 and had it over built with 3/4” acrylic. After 11
Months the front seam seperated within a day and was spitting water. His tanks are simply not built correctly. bubbles in all the seams. I was referred by a friend. Only reason i bought from him. From now on i will stick to fishtankdirect

358114ED-8DB7-4271-92BD-CFDD61C5093C.jpeg

Reactions: Bbuckley

Kyzer

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2018
Damn, I’m mad and upset for you. You can still fix it. Either reseal it or glue some acrylic bars on the inside of the tank. To be safe I’d do all the corners inside or out depending if you don’t mind the look.
He sent his wife up to fix it exactly how you explained. It xame out horrible and bubbles all in the re inforced pieces. But with that being done its on him. Needless to say tanks gone and i got half my money back. DONT BUY FROM AQUARIUM And TERRARIUM BUILDER

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Dang what does the topside look like? K Kyzer seems he didnt do bracing right if seams fell apart like that or cheap Weldon product I dont see crazing but crack on the bottom part? Its hard to tell where it went wrong hot damn full refund would have been necessary in this situation

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Was she easy on the eyes at least?

I mean.. I can overlook a lot of tank issues..

Kyzer

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2018
Dang what does the topside look like? K Kyzer seems he didnt do bracing right if seams fell apart like that or cheap Weldon product I dont see crazing but crack on the bottom part? Its hard to tell where it went wrong hot damn full refund would have been necessary in this situation
The whole top was bowing once i emptied the water. I had to go thru hoops just to get half my money back. The guys a clown

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store