Affordable Pet Solutions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hom3yboy22

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2013
South Florida
if you visit their web page and click on the shipping page, it says this... (i have copied and pasted their policy exactly as it is on the website). it seems like this is what has been going on in the case of people who have ordered and not had a good experience. but regardless here is the policy, and as its written, its a nice concept definitely. never bought from them, just wanted to share what i found. if you would like to check out their web page yourself and read everything there, their web site is affordablepetsolution.com

[h=2]LIVE SHIPPING POLICY[/h]

AFFORDABLE PET SOLUTIONS LLC
READ ENTIRE POLICY!!!

Most of our fish are PRE-ORDER, meaning we sell them before we have them in stock. Because of this it may take up to a couple of weeks before they arrive. FISH ARE NOT LIKE PRODUCT. We WILL NOT SHIP THEM UNTIL THEY ARE READY. UNLIKE MOST PLACES THAT SELL FISH AND SHIP THEM THE SAME DAY. WE WANT TO MAKE SURE OUR FISH ARE HEALTHY AND HAVE BEEN DEWORMED AND DEBUGGED BEFORE WE SEND THEM TO YOU. THESE FISH COME FROM OVERSEAS AND HAVE BEEN IN A BAG FOR 35-40 HOURS. THEY NEED QUARANTINED AND TIME TO REST BEFORE SHIPPING OUT, WHICH CAN ADD ANOTHER WEEK OR MORE BEFORE WE SHIP THE FISH TO YOU. WE ARE DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR THE FISH TO GIVE OUR CUSTOMERS THE BEST FISH POSSIBLE. IF AFTER 15 DAYS YOU DO NOT WISH TO WAIT ANY LONGER, WE WILL REFUND YOU 100% FOR THE FISH AND SHIPPING. THE FISH BUSINESS IS NOT JUST A BUSINESS TO US BUT A HOBBY AND, LIKE YOU, WE DO NOT WANT DEAD OR SICK FISH. MOST PET STORES THAT GET FISH IN, ARE FOR SALE IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS BAD BECAUSE FISH GET STRESSED AND HAVE NOT EATEN ANYTHING FOR 24-36 HOURS. MOST STORES WOULD LIKE TO PLACE THE BLAME ON YOU FOR BAD WATER OR BAD FISH KEEPING BUT MOST OF THE TIME IT IS THIS PROBLEM TO BLAME. I KNOW YOU FOUND THE FISH YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR FROM US, BUT YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF IF WAITING A LITTLE LONGER FOR HEALTHY FISH IS BETTER THEN GETTING UNHEALTHY OR DEAD FISH BY SHIPPING TOO FAST. However, if the fish haven't come in after 15 days and you do not wish to wait any longer, we will gladly give you a full refund.

WE HOPE YOU WILL READ OUR POLICY AND CHOOSE US FOR YOUR FISH NEEDS.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Were they marbles or regular Motoros?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I wish I knew enough about rays to tell you, they were dark with orangish spots and about 12'-15' disc size.

if you visit their web page and click on the shipping page, it says this... (i have copied and pasted their policy exactly as it is on the website). it seems like this is what has been going on in the case of people who have ordered and not had a good experience. but regardless here is the policy, and as its written, its a nice concept definitely. never bought from them, just wanted to share what i found. if you would like to check out their web page yourself and read everything there, their web site is affordablepetsolution.com

[h=2]LIVE SHIPPING POLICY[/h]

AFFORDABLE PET SOLUTIONS LLC
READ ENTIRE POLICY!!!

Most of our fish are PRE-ORDER, meaning we sell them before we have them in stock. Because of this it may take up to a couple of weeks before they arrive. FISH ARE NOT LIKE PRODUCT. We WILL NOT SHIP THEM UNTIL THEY ARE READY. UNLIKE MOST PLACES THAT SELL FISH AND SHIP THEM THE SAME DAY. WE WANT TO MAKE SURE OUR FISH ARE HEALTHY AND HAVE BEEN DEWORMED AND DEBUGGED BEFORE WE SEND THEM TO YOU. THESE FISH COME FROM OVERSEAS AND HAVE BEEN IN A BAG FOR 35-40 HOURS. THEY NEED QUARANTINED AND TIME TO REST BEFORE SHIPPING OUT, WHICH CAN ADD ANOTHER WEEK OR MORE BEFORE WE SHIP THE FISH TO YOU. WE ARE DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR THE FISH TO GIVE OUR CUSTOMERS THE BEST FISH POSSIBLE. IF AFTER 15 DAYS YOU DO NOT WISH TO WAIT ANY LONGER, WE WILL REFUND YOU 100% FOR THE FISH AND SHIPPING. THE FISH BUSINESS IS NOT JUST A BUSINESS TO US BUT A HOBBY AND, LIKE YOU, WE DO NOT WANT DEAD OR SICK FISH. MOST PET STORES THAT GET FISH IN, ARE FOR SALE IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS BAD BECAUSE FISH GET STRESSED AND HAVE NOT EATEN ANYTHING FOR 24-36 HOURS. MOST STORES WOULD LIKE TO PLACE THE BLAME ON YOU FOR BAD WATER OR BAD FISH KEEPING BUT MOST OF THE TIME IT IS THIS PROBLEM TO BLAME. I KNOW YOU FOUND THE FISH YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR FROM US, BUT YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF IF WAITING A LITTLE LONGER FOR HEALTHY FISH IS BETTER THEN GETTING UNHEALTHY OR DEAD FISH BY SHIPPING TOO FAST. However, if the fish haven't come in after 15 days and you do not wish to wait any longer, we will gladly give you a full refund.

WE HOPE YOU WILL READ OUR POLICY AND CHOOSE US FOR YOUR FISH NEEDS.

This seems right. I can't vouch for them after one ten-minute visit, but this is pretty much exactly what he told me he does.

How big were the clown loaches? And what price did he have them at? Now that i know they are there I am thinking of giving them another shot.
They were hiding behind a sponge filter, but they looked to be 8"+ and chunky. No prices on the tanks, unfortunately, like I said it really doesn't look like they are set up for retail sales.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
lol, I just realized that this "Affordable pet solution" and "pet solution" are two different retailers, And we are talking about the "affordable pet solution" :headshake :duh: :wall: :screwy:
and I was thinking about "pet solution" all this time. But anyway, most of their dry good seem to be quite a bit higher price than pet solution.

P/S: sorry for my stupid mistake...

UncleEasy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
United States
This is probably the most helpful response to a question I may have ever received in my 32 years on Earth. Thank you.

I read somewhere online in another forum that he took the business over from his older brother, who "was driving it into the ground." According to Dave's one and only response in a web forum. Also in this post Dave explained that his brother Mike would "rant and rave" in posts online and he doesn't plan on doing that. Dave went on to say he just had a child and planning a wedding. This post was a few months ago.

When I texted Dave to thank him for taking my discus order, (in hopes to keep him in my good graces) I said I heard him say in the forums he has been busy with the family and has a new addition and congrats. His response was "lol I don't do Forums." It wasn't the kind of response one would expect from a thanks and congrats text, but I could see how that may be a bit creepy to him as he doesn't know me.. anyway..

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
lol, I just realized that this "Affordable pet solution" and "pet solution" are two different retailers, And we are talking about the "affordable pet solution" :headshake :duh: :wall: :screwy:
and I was thinking about "pet solution" all this time. But anyway, most of their dry good seem to be quite a bit higher price than pet solution.

P/S: sorry for my stupid mistake...

That is funny - I buy all my supplies from Pet Solutions as well, but Affordable Pet Solutions sells their Hikari for exactly the same price, which is about 30% less than any other LFS around here.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
This is probably the most helpful response to a question I may have ever received in my 32 years on Earth. Thank you.

I read somewhere online in another forum that he took the business over from his older brother, who "was driving it into the ground." According to Dave's one and only response in a web forum. Also in this post Dave explained that his brother Mike would "rant and rave" in posts online and he doesn't plan on doing that. Dave went on to say he just had a child and planning a wedding. This post was a few months ago.

When I texted Dave to thank him for taking my discus order, (in hopes to keep him in my good graces) I said I heard him say in the forums he has been busy with the family and has a new addition and congrats. His response was "lol I don't do Forums." It wasn't the kind of response one would expect from a thanks and congrats text, but I could see how that may be a bit creepy to him as he doesn't know me.. anyway..
I'm glad that everybody has been able to help! Reading this thread made me really curious, it was cool to see what this place was all about.

By the way, I read that post on the discus forum. It was just a couple months ago, if I remember correctly.

Carpsalmon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Oregon
Guys name is Dave; he is not a one man show, he does online fish, his brother does online goods, and their dad and one other guy do all of the organizing/restocking. They are geared toward Internet clientele but take walkins. I've known the guy for 6 or so years pretty chill dude. One time I bought a fish and didn't have enough cash and he was just like take it home safe see if u like it just bring money next time. How many store owners will do that?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store