African knife fish - 2.1

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
A quick update:

The knife group now stands at one. I lost one of the four to unknown reasons and things went wild, the dominant knife decided to shred the smallest knife whom I rescued but later died from Dropsy. The second-in command didn't get so lucky and I got back from school to a floating fish. It is weird that two worked together, four worked together but when one died the chain crumbled. It seems a larger group would be the best way to work around this.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
A quick update:

The knife group now stands at one. I lost one of the four to unknown reasons and things went wild, the dominant knife decided to shred the smallest knife whom I rescued but later died from Dropsy. The second-in command didn't get so lucky and I got back from school to a floating fish. It is weird that two worked together, four worked together but when one died the chain crumbled. It seems a larger group would be the best way to work around this.

Sorry to hear that and great advice about a larger group. Was thinking about adding one in with Senegal's.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
A quick update:

Looks like u gotta try again hendre. Seems like it wouldve worked if the other knives didn’t get sick.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry to hear that and great advice about a larger group. Was thinking about adding one in with Senegal's.
Still can add one as long as it’s close to adult size.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
They do well with polys.

Yes I will do more someday, but with university coming up and tight budgets that's a project for another day

Crinoidy

Feeder Fish
Sep 13, 2019
If you ever get more again you will have to stimulate the rain season to get Knifefish to spawn.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If you ever get more again you will have to stimulate the rain season to get Knifefish to spawn.
Yes definitely! It's on my to-do list for one day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store