Albino bichir 40 breeder for life?

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
I have a leopard bush fish in a 40 breeder for life and am looking to try an albino bichir as a tankmate for life. Would anyone suggest against this? I've read conflicting information that albino bichirs(assuming senegal albino) can grow as large as a normal senegal bichir which a 40 breeder is not suggested for life.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Personally I would get a larger tank. I have seen some big ctenopoma, and at 6" my sens use their whole 48" tank. Up to you bud :)

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
40b is fine for the sen. Your ctenopoma really needs something bigger, like a 75.
I have to wait 2 years until I finish school and move out to get a new tank which I plan to get a 75 or bigger. I've grown fond of the ctenopoma and would be sad to have to give away. My filtration I have is for 75 gallon. Do you think it's okay for me to keep the ctenopoma for 2 years in the 40b then move him/her into a larger tank after 2 years?

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
My cteno was almost full grown at about a year 4-5" long and about an inch and a half wide. Hes 6ish now at 2 years. He sould be ok but bigger would be better. They say they are sedentary but mine moves a lot.

Reactions: BichirMohawk
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store