Algae...

Reel Em In AquaticTrading

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2014
Blackburn, England
Hi all. I was wondering what everyone thinks about an algae background? I'm sick of looking at this blue painted background (already applied upon purchase) and so I thought instead of cleaning the Algae on the back glass I will just let it grow out and look natural. Anyone think it would look good? Plus its a natural food source. I would keep my sides and front clear from it but just allow for the back to grow.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I never liked it, but the fry loved it.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Let it grow if you can't redo the color of the background, I personally let algae grow on the back for two reasons algae helps with some Nitrate removal, and like pops stated if your fish spawn that will be a food source for fry most cichid mother's will guide fry to that area where fry will graze on the algae. :) They also sell background's that can be placed inside your aquarium.

Reel Em In AquaticTrading

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2014
Blackburn, England
I have a 3d background in my 4ft grow out tank. I dont want to empty all my 6ft to install one though, same with re-paint. I am awaiting a hip replacement so unable to really do anything other than either let grow or keep clean. I'm thinking letting it grow will be better for the fish and me lol.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a 3d background in my 4ft grow out tank. I dont want to empty all my 6ft to install one though, same with re-paint. I am awaiting a hip replacement so unable to really do anything other than either let grow or keep clean. I'm thinking letting it grow will be better for the fish and me lol.

Absolutely lol let it grow.:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store