All of my bass!

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
WOW! I just finish this whole thread very impressive cigars cigars !!!
Thank you neoprodigy neoprodigy it really means a lot!

Bass are looking great! They never seem to figure it out lol, but that’s probably my favorite part. There’s always a back and forth with the ranks for who’s top dog.
Thank you TheWolfman TheWolfman . That’s what the popcorn is for lol. That’s so true they never figure it out just keep going at it.

Reactions: TheWolfman

richyrich

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
uk
Whole crew is looking awsome as usual, just hoping my kels end up looking decent like yours.
Your broko’s eyes look so evil and red, stands out so much in those pics.

Reactions: Matteus and cigars

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Ok so I know I have posted some filtration pics in here or somewhere but if anyone is interested finally got around to fixing the 21” poor mans ultima. Here is what would happen During backwash I would lose some media it would escape through the multi port valve because the holes are bigger than the media. After talking with kendragon kendragon he suggested using stainless steel wire mesh and attaching some how to keep media from getting through multi port valve. My First attempt I tried to make an umbrella and have it sit on the very top of the sand filter needless to say didn’t work. Took it all apart again and on noticed the multi port vale a small screw that attaches the lower cover to the multi port valve removed it and was able to install the mesh on the inside enough talking on to pics

CFDE7995-2FA1-47DB-9BFD-0CF83F348D4E.jpeg 248C1D88-3B04-4C0C-B251-6CFEAD140752.jpeg 307732E6-A49F-4C26-B3CB-1162291A0C43.jpeg

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Now I can backwash poor mans ultima no media escapes. I will be adding either a larger turnover pump 4K gph or a blower to the filter to make sure I can get the filter cleaned out properly, right now it takes close to 300 gallons to get a pretty clear sight glass during backwash. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on this I would love to hear them.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Ok so I know I have posted some filtration pics in here or somewhere but if anyone is interested finally got around to fixing the 21” poor mans ultima. Here is what would happen During backwash I would lose some media it would escape through the multi port valve because the holes are bigger than the media. After talking with kendragon kendragon he suggested using stainless steel wire mesh and attaching some how to keep media from getting through multi port valve. My First attempt I tried to make an umbrella and have it sit on the very top of the sand filter needless to say didn’t work. Took it all apart again and on noticed the multi port vale a small screw that attaches the lower cover to the multi port valve removed it and was able to install the mesh on the inside enough talking on to pics

View attachment 1357040 View attachment 1357041 View attachment 1357042
Ken is a guru with the pond/large aquarium filtration stuff. I've had so many conversations with him about that stuff. There are a few of the ray guys that are great as well.... Just off of the top of my head Reedmaster, vamptrev, jk47.

Reactions: Matteus and cigars

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
The bass are looking very nice buddy! Those intermedia are jaw dropping. One of these days I will be back and these threads are what keep the idea still skipping through my head. Keep em coming!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store