Alligator caught in Minnesota

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
http://m.startribune.com/alligator-caught-roaming-brainerd-area-bike-path/386685731/
I'm so angry about this! Dumping an alligator in Minnesota and let them fending for themselves is very cruel IMO. I can't understand how it is perfect legal to selling baby alligators in Minnesota. We always got two to three alligators got dumped in Minnesota every year. Occasionally you'll find a frozen alligator carcass in the metro lakes during winters.

Reactions: ehh

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
At least it was captured/saved so it does not become a popcicle in a few months.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
At least it was captured/saved so it does not become a popcicle in a few months.
The crazy thing is that it happened just 4 miles away from my place. Glad it was captured before the flash flooding starts.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
http://m.startribune.com/alligator-caught-roaming-brainerd-area-bike-path/386685731/
I'm so angry about this! Dumping an alligator in Minnesota and let them fending for themselves is very cruel IMO. I can't understand how it is perfect legal to selling baby alligators in Minnesota. We always got two to three alligators got dumped in Minnesota every year. Occasionally you'll find a frozen alligator carcass in the metro lakes during winters.
I don't get how alligators are legal to sell anywhere lol. It's those people that buy pacu and just toss them into whatever body of water is nearest to them.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I agree why it's even legal to sell them in the first place. They pop up once in awhile here in Milwaukee

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
well they are native to lower US so its easy to sell them

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
well they are native to lower US so its easy to sell them
I would guess it has something to do with the commercial farms raising them in the masses.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I would never go fishing In the south without a gun. Damn alligators. I got bills and kids to take care of haha

reptilerancher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
gators are fun animals to work with but just like any animal in captivity without a responsible owner the whole species gets a bad rep for the actions of a few bad pet owners.

lucky for the people up here in Minnesota we have the winters because the time people get rid of there pets like alligators they only have the summer to live (unless found) and winter will kill them off pretty quick. so we just have 3 foot babies and no 10 foot bulls.

exotic pets are allowed for the most part.there are no fish restrictions other then the federal ones and depending on the city you live in no reptile restrictions in my town we can have alligators,crocs,pythons,and venomous snakes.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
gators are fun animals to work with but just like any animal in captivity without a responsible owner the whole species gets a bad rep for the actions of a few bad pet owners.

lucky for the people up here in Minnesota we have the winters because the time people get rid of there pets like alligators they only have the summer to live (unless found) and winter will kill them off pretty quick. so we just have 3 foot babies and no 10 foot bulls.

exotic pets are allowed for the most part.there are no fish restrictions other then the federal ones and depending on the city you live in no reptile restrictions in my town we can have alligators,crocs,pythons,and venomous snakes.
Personally I believe they needs to tighten up the sale on alligators for pet industry. Dumping alligators ain't that uncommon in Minnesota and so are in other states where they're not native to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store